Which Bike for R60K

W1Z@RD

Which would you choose  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which to choose

• Bianchi methanol
    • Specialized Epic
    • Cannondale Scalpel

Ya, you could find a sweet old MX5 sports car for that money... Bikes are crazy expensive these days...

am looking at a 13 year old SLK at 80K. not sure where to put the bike on that though hahah

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have ridden all 3 and still cannot decide, then you still have not found the right one. I searched a long time for my bike, eventually walked into a shop and saw my baby standing there, it was not even on my list of options and did not even consider it. I rolled away that day poor but very happy. I have NEVER looked back at my decision or wondered if I have made a mistake. Dont force yourself onto a particular brand. Look some more, GO RIDE those options that dont interest you before you make a decision.

On another note, is spending 60k on a bike not motivation enough to ride it no matter what it is?

It is... definately! But its important to make a good choice as this will last me a couple of years hopefully

http://nevcragg.com/...-carbon-review/

Hey Wizard

Talk to me if you want any more opinions on the Methanol, its a superb bike!

Thanks Zilla,

Saw that review. I keep getting drawn to the Bianchi... I have a Bianchi road bike and I love it! Compared to my other road bikes, there is def something special about them. Im sure the methanol is a great bike - it has the groupset and looks , but the spez has the carbon wheels and the "brains" hehe... tough DECISION

• 2 months later...