Shoe inserts - Durban area

Sepia

Does anybody know of someone who can make copies of medical shoe inserts in Durban?

My problem is, the existing ones do not last at at R2500 a pop every 5-6 months, it becomes expensive.

Fibreglass or carbon? - anyone?

Thanks

Edited by Sepia

I got a pair of cork orthotics made up by Byron Starkey at Kings Park Medical Centre - 031 303 3874. They have lasted 3 years. Also made me a pair for my running shoes out of rubber. Have done nearly 3000kms with them.

They are at the Lion Match business park

Does anybody know of someone who can make copies of medical shoe inserts in Durban?

My problem is, the existing ones do not last at at R2500 a pop every 5-6 months, it becomes expensive.

Fibreglass or carbon? - anyone?

Thanks

Are you referring to orthotics aka insoles?

For R2500 they should last years, what happens that you have to replace them every 5-6 months?

Keeping an eye on this thread!

I have flat feet and gave up getting orthotic insoles after the prices I saw were astronomical :(

Going for barefoot walks helps with the pain in my ankles.

I have a pair from Byron at R2600.00.

Very worried they will not last and would like to have a solid replacement made.

The pair I have seem very fragile and I really do not see them lasting. After one days wear I can see chaffing. I.need at least 2cm on my injured leg so may have to make a wear plate myself.

I was just hoping somebody could make some up in carbon/glass for all my shoes..

Edited by Sepia

If you in the area check out the Specalized shop in Balito or Hillcreast ( I think??)- I use their inserts and sorted out the knee pain I had.

I have a pair from Byron at R2600.00.

Very worried they will not last and would like to have a solid replacement made.

The pair I have seem very fragile and I really do not see them lasting. After one days wear I can see chaffing. I.need at least 2cm on my injured leg so may have to make a wear plate myself.

I was just hoping somebody could make some up in carbon/glass for all my shoes..

You can also try Darryl Grobbelaar. Telephone 031 2021122. Musgrave Park. he makes all sorts of orthotics and prostheses. My mate has polio in one leg and has had his shoes built up internally by him. But I have used Byron and when I had a problem with my first pair of orthotics he sorted them out at no charge. They should last for years. Edited by Dazshell

You can also try Darryl Grobbelaar. Telephone 031 2021122. Musgrave Park. he makes all sorts of orthotics and prostheses. My mate has polio in one leg and has had his shoes built up internally by him. But I have used Byron and when I had a problem with my first pair of orthotics he sorted them out at no charge. They should last for years.

Thanks Dazshell and Shangri. I will try them both.