Doing 2 x loops of the Argus

Garfield2010

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i considered riding it twice, just got the mail now

I start in E at 6:29, worst case scenario I finish 9:40, quickly jump in the queue to start the 2nd one before 9:50:

Then chase after my wife who started at 8:22 and if I catch her njoy some part of the race together

Wanted to do this a second lap last year but the legality was an issue for me. I will be doing it this year. Think it is a gr8 opportunity for us coming from the north!

Good luck with the 1st round.

About that 2nd loop, one day when you look back, it will be one of those really meaningful things you did in your life. Working as a domestiqe for someone like your father (done that) or for your son (doing that) is really special. You can actually do a huge lot to make his day better. Just riding next to him and having a chat will give him energy like no gu can. Lead him into the wind. Fetch water at the water stops so he can carry on riding. Protect his rear wheel from crazies. Ride a path open for him to overtake. Ask right lane hoggers to move over. It's a 108km full time job and the pay is MASSIVE. Enjoy. :thumbup:

Exactly why I want to go and ride with my wife. She is not a race snake and usually does about 21 km/h avg on these hilly races, but to protect her, help her and assist wherever possible could make enjoyable for both of us.

Thinking of taking 2 extra tubes and a few GU's with me to also help other riders that got stuck or need help along the route.

Got the email but I'm going to give it a miss. Will be broken after 1st lap & spending a couple of days in the cape with the girlfriend so its not fair to leave her sitting around.

See you guys in the beer tent :clap:

• 4 weeks later...

So how was the second lap? I really enjoyed it! Loved the racing in B and got my sub 3 but the second lap at the back was what it was all about!

I rode with a guy up Smitswinkel and had a good chat, I take my hat off to these chaps, I lost him going up Chappies, but he caught me at Suikerbossie and helped me get to the top.