Argus 2014 HUBBER SATURDAY RIDE

Wannabe

First ride will be 08 Feb 2014 (for those of us not doing the 99'er)

More details closer to the date.

With racing schedule fairly full, the next one might be on 01 March only.

Edited by Wannabe

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hijack the topic, do you guys perhaps know where is the start point? I cant seem to find it on the argus website! i am looking for accommodation closer to the start point :ph34r:

Edited by Mokgaga

sorry to hijack the topic, do you guys perhaps know where is the start point? I cant seem to find it on the argus website! i am looking for accommodation closer to the start point :ph34r:

Start is in Hertzog Boulevard on the Foreshore and accommodation anywhere in the City Bowl and Green Point will be great. You can then ride to the start in a few minutes.

Anywhere in the surrounding areas is actually close enough. A nice ride to the start is great for a warm up. I will probably ride there from table view.

Had a good look at the Racing Calender leading up to the Big Day on 09/03/2014, and the only dates open to do the customary Route recce's is on 08 Feb (for those not doing the 99'er) and 01 March.Who will be interested?

Start will be 06h00 at Greenpoint VA, and we'll avoid Nelson Mandela Blvd and Blue Route, going past Obz and over Spaanschemat rd, joining up with race route at foot of Boyes Drive and completing rest of route from there.

It's a training ride, not a race, so the pace will be chillaxed. Those that want to stretch the legs on the climbs can do so, but we regroup at the top.

Those interested, enough time to arrange your things and Diarise the dates

Had a good look at the Racing Calender leading up to the Big Day on 09/03/2014, and the only dates open to do the customary Route recce's is on 08 Feb (for those not doing the 99'er) and 01 March.Who will be interested?

Start will be 06h00 at Greenpoint VA, and we'll avoid Nelson Mandela Blvd and Blue Route, going past Obz and over Spaanschemat rd, joining up with race route at foot of Boyes Drive and completing rest of route from there.

It's a training ride, not a race, so the pace will be chillaxed. Those that want to stretch the legs on the climbs can do so, but we regroup at the top.

Those interested, enough time to arrange your things and Diarise the dates

See you on the 1st of March

• 3 weeks later...

I should be there :thumbup:

I am giving the 99er a skip this year.

Cool, about time we ride together again.

Heard from guys that recce'd the route over the past weekend that the gravel section is more suited to Mtb than Roadbike.

Still a lot of thick loose sand.

Edited by Wannabe