Is Karkloof trails as good as they say?

Cycle88

Go ride it -so i can read about how it's up there with the best single track EVER! :drool:

Night riding is a whole new experience too

40min from my home :clap:

1487933_400398090093800_926482380_o.jpg

http://www.wegortw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/IMG_0657.jpg

Sheeps (P)Ass Hahahaha!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you get there and where can you doss?? I know it is in Natal sort of near Mooi River??

I'm not sure on your budget or volume of people you will be looking to bring down, but i could hook you up with Sarah Drew from active escapes?

http://www.active-escapes.co.za/activity/mountainbiking/mtb.html

She will set up accommodation for one or 20 ^_^ and even arrange a guide should you want to do 60km-100km per day.

Signs been like that long time, u usually going to fast to see it!

just shows lol-i thought it was meant to say ASS :thumbup:

I guess I'm spoilt since I live in Howick and my first ever experience of single track was Howick/ Karkloof when I first started riding MTB 2 years ago and whenever I rode with people from out of town I couldn't understand why they would rave so much about the trails until I started riding in other areas and then I realised how incredibly awesome they are!

I used to think that this what all trail networks were like!

• 3 months later...

My sister is visiting from Hong Kong, planning to do some get aways and considering the 5 hr drive down from jozi but what's my sister gonna do :)

Any recommendations on affordable decent accomodation? Will be mid may

My sister is visiting from Hong Kong, planning to do some get aways and considering the 5 hr drive down from jozi but what's my sister gonna do :)

Any recommendations on affordable decent accomodation? Will be mid may

One of the added advantages of Karkloof is that the Midlands Meander is right here too. Howick is the start point of the Meander and there are several routes to follow...so plenty for the non-rider to do (maybe set a limit n the credit card though! ;)) The Midland Meander is a network of craft shops and restaurants/coffee shops.

Accomodation wise...there is everything from Camping to BnB to 5 star hotels...

PM me if you need some pointers ( I live in Howick, ride Karkloof/Howick and know which places stock the cheapest ...ummm...post ride beverages)

One of the added advantages of Karkloof is that the Midlands Meander is right here too. Howick is the start point of the Meander and there are several routes to follow...so plenty for the non-rider to do (maybe set a limit n the credit card though! ;)) The Midland Meander is a network of craft shops and restaurants/coffee shops.

Accomodation wise...there is everything from Camping to BnB to 5 star hotels...

PM me if you need some pointers ( I live in Howick, ride Karkloof/Howick and know which places stock the cheapest ...ummm...post ride beverages)

Sounds good. I see there's even a spa ;) that should twist her arm.

Tx.

Sounds good. I see there's even a spa ;) that should twist her arm.

Tx.

The Spa is actually over the Karkloof mountain at Albert falls dam(about 20 Km). I have a friend who owns a B&B in Howick so if you are still looking for accomodation give us a shout. Another interesting feature close by is the Karkloof canopy tour. A bit expensive and you might have to book in advance but worth a shot if you're into adventure stuff.

It really is an amazing place some of the best trails in the country and as previous posters have said you'll struggle to find anyone else out on the trails outside of events. Defensibility planning a trip back to PMB soon!

The Spa is actually over the Karkloof mountain at Albert falls dam(about 20 Km). I have a friend who owns a B&B in Howick so if you are still looking for accomodation give us a shout. Another interesting feature close by is the Karkloof canopy tour. A bit expensive and you might have to book in advance but worth a shot if you're into adventure stuff.

Hmmm just saw the prices of the spa ... I think I'm gonna have to tell her it's too far. My OH has been nagging to go to Karkloof, just checked some videos... Some scary bits but glad to see there's chicken runs too - looks awesome, I'll just have to be brave and HTFU

Just don't want to be too selfish and make sure there's something for the non riders. Fingers crossed she says cool :)

Hmmm just saw the prices of the spa ... I think I'm gonna have to tell her it's too far. My OH has been nagging to go to Karkloof, just checked some videos... Some scary bits but glad to see there's chicken runs too - looks awesome, I'll just have to be brave and HTFU

Just don't want to be too selfish and make sure there's something for the non riders. Fingers crossed she says cool :)

http://www.midlandsmeander.co.za/