Tubeless De-Rimming: How to Fix On Trail

Shepherd

demmit....how do you know?

Constant referral back to smashing some lagers....which with enough consumption makes you very slim - thus you must be an engineer. The steps followed to become very slim allows little room for declining a larger.....sound process planning. My conclusion thus - process engineer. I am however working on my consumption to also become an engineer.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good....

Monday afternoon (20 Jan).

Fratellies parking lot at 16h30.

We head up to Emma/Albert's and back (you may have to wait for me on uphills as I'll only be on a 26" play bike, it's been declared just how slow we are).

Get back to the parking lot. Bust that bead, then I guess you'll have to do at least a rotation or 2 on it flat.

I fix busted bead with only bits out of my CamelBak (handpump, water, possibly remove the valve core...)

We eat pizza & enjoy a beer or two.

Done by 20h00'ish.

Agreed. (IF it works).

We just need a time and place for this to happen.

I'm not sure where you guys are based in JHB, but what about Fratellies parking lot?

We could do a ride, then the experiment, then pizza n beer?

Also, there is an Engen just up the road if it does fail.

This is a lekker idea :thumbup:

Boys how does the weekend of 1 of feb sound

like chucks pointed out...saturday we can go ape....school nights are hard.

Also mil will have some practise time...

Boys how does the weekend of 1 of feb sound

like chucks pointed out...saturday we can go ape....school nights are hard.

Also mil will have some practise time...

I don't have/own any 29r wheels to practice on. ;)

So my plan is just to make it work on the day.

Edit: Could we do Sunday Feb 2? I try to get out on the dirt bike on Saturdays...

But if the 1st suites everyone else then lets do that.

Edited by Super_mil

I don't have/own any 29r wheels to practice on. ;)

So my plan is just to make it work on the day.

Edit: Could we do Sunday Feb 2? I try to get out on the dirt bike on Saturdays...

But if the 1st suites everyone else then lets do that.

Done...2nd of Feb it is...lekker spruit @8 / race for the vida-e-cup afterwards.

Done...2nd of Feb it is...lekker spruit @8 / race for the vida-e-cup afterwards.

Sounds good.

Consider this event firmly penciled into the diary.

Edited by Super_mil

Sounds good.

Consider this even firmly penciled into the diary.

+1...will bring the northriding massiv(our bende...but its actually just me and jcmeyer)

Be there or be square

So to start mil will have his handpompie in his quiver....chucks or me will deflate and break the bead on the current tubeless converted setup. Mil will have a go, he succeeds, we bow down...smash some lagers and talk about the legend that is mil Mil fails...we give him a extra cup of sealant...still with handpompie...Mil succeeds, we still bow down and smash lagers. Mil fails...we give him a footpump...big air joe from topeak...Mil succeeds, we are impressed and smash lagers. Mil fails again...we give him one bomb....Mil succeeds, he is still a legend since it requires some skill, but have been done...lagers are still being smashed Mil fails again...we give him 2 bombs...Mil succeeds, we are not impressed but neither do we point and laugh...lagers flowing as per previous steps Mil fails again...we get out the compressor and do the conversion....we point and laugh but then again, we might be so dronk that we will be laughing at ourselves.

hey hey hey, what about me i want to throw advice / useless information from the sidelines as well, chukky can attest to the fact i am very good at it, and i like breakfast beer as well :clap:

ill bring the gopro

hey hey hey, what about me i want to throw advice / useless information from the sidelines as well, chukky can attest to the fact i am very good at it, and i like breakfast beer as well :clap:

ill bring the gopro

You're in hooligan

Ill bring a muzzle

This should be good humor guys.

Maybe a TR conversion deathmatch once we get the format right....get the top mech from the local bike shops to come and earn some street cred....against some weekend "spanner swaaiers" like us

This should be good humor guys. Maybe a TR conversion deathmatch once we get the format right....get the top mech from the local bike shops to come and earn some street cred....against some weekend "spanner swaaiers" like us
like that idea, perhaps wident o format to include things like headset replacement with home made tools, oh and of coarse LAGER as well :whistling: