Tubeless De-Rimming: How to Fix On Trail

Shepherd

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fook, okay hopefully I can pull a rabbit out of the hat with this one.

are you guys talking full tubeless? Or TR combo...I think the caveat lies in just that...I'd wager a little bit of ronds on a full tubeliss set-up...TR, i'm not so sure i'll wager anything...

REMEMBER: GoPro footage or it did not happen!!

Edited by Cassie

Okay, time n place. Lets get this done!

This is waht will either be making or breaking my ego...

EDIT: the pic was all weird...

http://www.cyclesupreme.com/image/cache/data/Pump/42197-3-500x500.jpg

Preferance would be for Monday or Tuesday as I need to race prep my bike for CT on Wednesday evening.

So, I'm not available Wed/Thursday/Friday next week (heading to CT to roll down hills there)

We must do a weekend, I cant drink this much on school nights... the next day is a write off :thumbup:

Now we must just find a lekker spot with some shade where we are allowed to consume our beers.

We must do a weekend, I cant drink this much on school nights... the next day is a write off :thumbup:

Now we must just find a lekker spot with some shade where we are allowed to consume our beers.

Jhb or Pta

Groenies comes to mind or even Big Red Barn

Edit: Use wording that won't upset Admin and Mods in the square-off, mega challenge and pure fight club mentality.....we need to get this done without being locked.

Edited by BarHugger

If it has to be a weekend then the 1st I can do is 1/2 Feb.

are you guts talking full tubeless? Or Tr combo...I think the caveat lies in just that...I'd wager a little bit of ronds on a full tubeliss set-up...TR, i'm not so sure i'll wager anything...

REMEMBER: GoPro footage or it did not happen!!

It TR...taped wheel and conti protection x-king...not UST

It TR...taped wheel and conti protection x-king...not UST

Race King it is...

Conti unfortunately dont make UST 29" tyres, only 26".... those I seat 2 wheels in less than half a beer, with a Joe Blow

Edited by ChUkKy

Procedure:

Get GoPro rolling.

25ml of Zippo lighter fluid into "the cavity", one flick of the Bic lighter and bingo!

1. Tyre totally off the rim

2. Tyre on fire around the neck of hapless Bic flicker a la 1984 necklace

3. Cane field on fire

4. Long Walk home

:devil:

...and most likely not to freedom.

So to start mil will have his handpompie in his quiver....chucks or me will deflate and break the bead on the current tubeless converted setup.

Mil will have a go, he succeeds, we bow down...smash some lagers and talk about the legend that is mil

Mil fails...we give him a extra cup of sealant...still with handpompie...Mil succeeds, we still bow down and smash lagers.

Mil fails...we give him a footpump...big air joe from topeak...Mil succeeds, we are impressed and smash lagers.

Mil fails again...we give him one bomb....Mil succeeds, he is still a legend since it requires some skill, but have been done...lagers are still being smashed

Mil fails again...we give him 2 bombs...Mil succeeds, we are not impressed but neither do we point and laugh...lagers flowing as per previous steps

Mil fails again...we get out the compressor and do the conversion....we point and laugh but then again, we might be so dronk that we will be laughing at ourselves.

Edited by rouxtjie

So to start mil will have his handpompie in his quiver....chucks or me will deflate and break the bead on the current tubeless converted setup.

Mil will have a go, he succeeds, we bow down...smash some lagers and talk about the legend that is mil

Mil fails...we give him a extra cup of sealant...still with handpompie...Mil succeeds, we still bow down and smash lagers.

Mil fails...we give him a footpump...big air joe from topeak...Mil succeeds, we are impressed and smash lagers.

Mil fails again...we give him one bomb....Mil succeeds, he is still a legend since it requires some skill, but have been done...lagers are still being smashed

Mil fails again...we give him 2 bombs...Mil succeeds, we are not impressed but neither do we point and laugh...lagers flowing as per previous steps

Mil fails again...we get out the compressor and do the conversion....we point and laugh but then again, we might be so dronk that we will be laughing at ourselves.

You beautiiieeee....process engineer by any chance?

Do this protocol in a flow diagram

Edited by BarHugger

What we are doing here is groundbreaking people and should be documented...what is the absolute minimum requirements to get a trailside TR conversion successful. The results should be a sticky in the Q&A afterwards and documented.

What we are doing here is groundbreaking people and should be documented...what is the absolute minimum requirements to get a trailside TR conversion successful. The results should be a sticky in the Q&A afterwards and documented.

Agreed. (IF it works).

We just need a time and place for this to happen.

I'm not sure where you guys are based in JHB, but what about Fratellies parking lot?

We could do a ride, then the experiment, then pizza n beer?

Also, there is an Engen just up the road if it does fail.

Oh and what are the consequences for the naysayers...since groenies might be the ideal venue....everyone that bets against mil will have to down 4 beers and go and do onions without cleating out(wash rinse repeat till you get it right) and then afterwards have to go down this little "tricksy" descent / drop at fountains without uncleating or walking...

You guys know, just to make it interesting.

Skillz, you know which drop I am talking about at fountains....

Or like mil says, fratelli's since its close for everyone...naysayers must swim across the spruit.

Edited by rouxtjie

Agreed. (IF it works).

We just need a time and place for this to happen.

I'm not sure where you guys are based in JHB, but what about Fratellies parking lot?

We could do a ride, then the experiment, then pizza n beer?

Also, there is an Engen just up the road if it does fail.

Sounds good....