Value Logistics Fast One

Dgas

Are you one of the U16 that rode yesterday? It was a good race. Just a pity about the crash at the finish.

Nope it was my nephew who won the race.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to enter Berge en Dale now!!

Hopefully can use my weight to my advantage this time as opposed to be blown around like a feather on the fast one :clap:

Who's entering?

Time to enter Berge en Dale now!!

Hopefully can use my weight to my advantage this time as opposed to be blown around like a feather on the fast one :clap:

Who's entering?

I'm in! Serengeti this weekend. Berge en Dale next weekend, and Ride4Sight the weekend after. :thumbup:

Myself and another rider (Casper Kruger) broke away at about 12kms in the AL bunch. Unfortunately the woman driving the pace motorcycle fell back to the main bunch...... I still dont know why she did, and then the marshalls at the intersection gave us the wrong direction, and we overshot our turnoff by about 2km. We had to turn around and it took us 50km's to chase the main bunch down. By this time we where spent and not much left in the tank. We sat up with the bunch but I only discovered that Casper attacked again at 6km to go. I finished with the main bunch but still very dissapointed..... I felt we made a clean break and stood a very good chance to stay clear. When we joined up with the main bunch we had a average speed of 38kph. As they say "**** happens"

Sorry to hear that the marshals led you off course. I must admit that at times I was also unsure where to turn...there were one or two marshals that just held up their flags but didn't point you in any direction. Anyway, thanks to the 2 of you we gave chase for the next 80k's....and had a lekker workout :thumbup:

Good morning every one

Could I please ask all the guys who saw the Idoit driving on the wrong side of the road on Sunday going to the fast one to please go and give a satement at the Klipriver Police Station. Albert (Albie) Kinnear a member and friend died because of this idiot and James Lang is still in Hospital on a ventilator and in lots of pain.

We Esmero Cycling club and New Horizons cycling would urge each and everyone of you to go and make a statement. The guy who bumped them is a 23 year old male and he is sitting at home. His excuse was that he was tired and fell asleep and his car went off the road to the other side and knocked them. bull**** he drove on the highway for more than 5km before he kncocked them missing lots of other drivers. I would stil like to know what happened to the traffic department that was behind me and stopped and put on his lights where did he disappear to.

Contact details CST Mvelase 0711742844

I know this will not bring Albert back but justice need to be served.....

Good morning every one

Could I please ask all the guys who saw the Idoit driving on the wrong side of the road on Sunday going to the fast one to please go and give a satement at the Klipriver Police Station. Albert (Albie) Kinnear a member and friend died because of this idiot and James Lang is still in Hospital on a ventilator and in lots of pain.

We Esmero Cycling club and New Horizons cycling would urge each and everyone of you to go and make a statement. The guy who bumped them is a 23 year old male and he is sitting at home. His excuse was that he was tired and fell asleep and his car went off the road to the other side and knocked them. bull**** he drove on the highway for more than 5km before he kncocked them missing lots of other drivers. I would stil like to know what happened to the traffic department that was behind me and stopped and put on his lights where did he disappear to.

How can this scum be sitting at home while we mourn the passing of our dear member and watch our other member suffering in ICU?

We need all the witnesses we can get.

Thank you hubbers!

Good morning every one

Even though he claims to have fallen asleep he should still be arrested for manslaughter at least because he kept on operating a vehicle even though he felt tiered. If you feel tiered pull over and rest ffs. That man has caused so much pain to family and friends.

I unfortunately only past the scene of the accident.

The kid in the Germiston Wheelers kit? He took a wrong turn and got lost. Shame.

There were still a few guys ahead from original break that went before Suikerbos.

Besides suffering in race, which was all good.

@ food tent, I caught leg on one of the stakes for marquee tent, sliced leg open, and 8 stitches later, p&%#@ off at that, very unsafe!!!

No caps on stakes, monkeys that put up tent..

Good morning every one

Ask race organisers 'info@thefastone.org' to send mail out to all..

Besides suffering in race, which was all good.

@ food tent, I caught leg on one of the stakes for marquee tent, sliced leg open, and 8 stitches later, p&%#@ off at that, very unsafe!!!

No caps on stakes, monkeys that put up tent..

Perhaps you should look where you are going. It usually helps.

If the stakes had caps on and you fell over the stake you would probably complain about them not having a sign warning you to look out for stakes in the ground.

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I'm hoping someone can help me with info please. I came too in the back of ambulance. Have zero recollection of crash. Head injury, Hip and Arm (all on the left). Judging from gear I spent some time off road. Bike is undamaged. I was in AS bunch (turquoise top) and according to ER24 it was about 3km from end. There were many cyclist around me so someone must have seen something? According to ER24 a metro cop / race marshal called it in but no contact details ? and apparently they didn't witness crash. Any info would be helpful. TX

Hi All

I'm hoping someone can help me with info please. I came too in the back of ambulance. Have zero recollection of crash. Head injury, Hip and Arm (all on the left). Judging from gear I spent some time off road. Bike is undamaged. I was in AS bunch (turquoise top) and according to ER24 it was about 3km from end. There were many cyclist around me so someone must have seen something? According to ER24 a metro cop / race marshal called it in but no contact details ? and apparently they didn't witness crash. Any info would be helpful. TX

Hub traffic is a lot slower at the weekend, so if you don't get much response to this, consider starting a separate thread on Monday and it will get a lot more attention.

Are you hoping just to piece back your missing memories or are you needing info for the financial / insurance implications?

Just trying to piece memory. Concerned I may have blacked out. But only damage to bike is slightly buckled back wheel. Clothes clearly indicate I was in sand part / verge of road. Also would like to personally thank those that helped me and contacted ER24

Hub traffic is a lot slower at the weekend, so if you don't get much response to this, consider starting a separate thread on Monday and it will get a lot more attention.

Are you hoping just to piece back your missing memories or are you needing info for the financial / insurance implications?

Will do. Tx for advice

Just trying to piece memory. Concerned I may have blacked out. But only damage to bike is slightly buckled back wheel. Clothes clearly indicate I was in sand part / verge of road. Also would like to personally thank those that helped me and contacted ER24

Archived