Easy way of aligning stem after fitment?

TrackGuy

Hi guys

So I was just eyeballing it the whole time and it seems fine but as soon as I get on the bike and take a spin it's doesn't feel right.

So any secret little methods of doing this?

Thanks

Hi guys

So I was just eyeballing it the whole time and it seems fine but as soon as I get on the bike and take a spin it's doesn't feel right.

So any secret little methods of doing this?

Thanks

what does not feel right?

Is there slight play or your sitting position feels out?

what does not feel right?

Is there slight play or your sitting position feels out?

I assume that it is not 'pointing straight ahead' as alignment is mentioned ....

Try the following:

Remove front wheel and place fork vertical on floor. Push dowel rod through dropouts. Attach/hang a plumb line at each end of handle bar, same distance from each bar end. Measure each plumb line's distance from rod. Different distances indicate that stem is not squared. Same left and right plumb line distance from rod would indicate near alignment. Just an idea.....works for me.

I have a laser line level and use the horizontal illuminated line to line up sadel to frame and stem to wheel.

If it doesn't feel right move it a bit right.

Jokes aside I just use the eyeball method. But that's also not working as my one eye is k@k.

Okay sorry. Been a loooong day.

Good luck