Query: Team Discovery Kit

Ecko_1

A friend of mine selling the kit for R280. I am going by tonight to look at it and fit it. He is a more of a noob to cycling than me, I am not sure why it is so cheap for the kit (top and shorts). He says a friend bought it online for him and it is too big.

Any input on this kit? Googling didnt help me much. It looks like the current kit, but doesnt have the same branding on the back (I only have a back pic). It has "Enjoy life, Enjoy Cycling" on the back pockets.

I really don't know if this is a knockoff or what. But at R280 for a kit I think it is worth a look (I currently have 2 sets of proper riding gear)

Probably a knock off at that price.

That being said don't be fooled by the Chinese kits. I own some and they good enough for 3 - 4hr rides.

Probably a knock off at that price.

That being said don't be fooled by the Chinese kits. I own some and they good enough for 3 - 4hr rides.

1 of my kits is a Mr Price special. Surely a good knockoff must be better than that at least.

The last kit I could find via Google was a 2007 one. Similar colouring but different sponsors. I dont mind if it is old kit, as long as it is comfy and will last a year at least.

Yep, Discovery Pro Cycling died in 2007 when they got Lance'd. I have a discovery kit I am willing to give to someone for free - not used since Lance was bust.

Knock off kits aren't bad either, as long as you don't spend a day in them cheaper bibs are fine. In case its a knock off.