Racist question?

AndreZA

I quickly went through the Argus entry form and the one Q is about colour. I thought thay wanted to know what colour my bike is but it turned out to be a race colour Q. I thought we, mean the government, was scrapping that requirement. They certainly did in the schools. Does this mean that previously diasadvantage people will be favoured?

Does this mean that previously diasadvantage people will be favoured?

Do you honestly believe that?  They asked that question when I entered last year for the 2006 Argus and if you look closely, you do not need to answer if you don't want to, which I didn't.  I believe it is merely for statistics and nothing else.

I think its more a statistical related question so that they can show the change in demographics but there should be a better way of approaching it. I have always answered that one with 'South African' or left it blank, including on my ID and passport applications and no-one has ever complained. They may have checked the right box after I left but not in front of me.

All you have to do is answer "coloured" or "black".

Then all the quotas wiil be satisfied!

Remember, just like the previous regime couldn't prove race, the present on can't either...........

We should all become coloured and the cycling sport will be fully transformed!smiley14.gif

Mampara : In my opinion cycling will never favour PDI's as there is a no return on investment for the sport in this respect, Only in the Western Cape via the PPA is there some free entries for certain PPA races to PDI's I stand under correction but I do not believe it includes all women as well .PPA please answer if available.

However some race organzisers will hand out a few entries to PDI's as they deem fit such as Dome to Dome, Carnival etc.

Gumpole I  get the feeling you have a problem with us people of colour as you always have negative remarks to pass in most of your postings about us. Be a sportsperson and get on with the sport not  remarks as above as it says much about you as a person. Every person of colour in the A bunnch has worked as hard, if not harder than you to get a slot in the A bunch.

Mampara : In my opinion cycling will never favour PDI's as there is a no return on investment for the sport in this respect' date=' Only in the Western Cape via the PPA is there some free entries for certain PPA races to PDI's I stand under correction but I do not believe it includes all women as well .PPA please answer if available.

However some race organzisers will hand out a few entries to PDI's as they deem fit such as Dome to Dome, Carnival etc.

Gumpole I  get the feeling you have a problem with us people of colour as you always have negative remarks to pass in most of your postings about us. Be a sportsperson and get on with the sport not  remarks as above as it says much about you as a person. Every person of colour in the A bunnch has worked as hard, if not harder than you to get a slot in the A bunch.
[/quote']

Hi Mallo, just a bit of humour on a Monday morning. Obviously people get into the A bunch based on seeding index and nothing else (duh).

I have never passed a racist remark on this board, usually I'm the first one to step in when topics decline from bicycle crime to hate speech.

.. but if you can find a comment from me that is even mildly racist I will humbly apologise..... (digs at cannondales are not included) smiley2.gif
Gumpole2006-09-04 06:04:52

the colour question on the entry form is merely a statistics question.

they use the info to compare how many people of each colour take part.

that all. i dont think and hope its not gonna become a racist defined sport!

everybody is entitled to compete! regardless of race.