Intense M9 FRO Build

DR ◣◢

Thanks man. Really appreciate the help.

Green light... Yeah. I've got a L5/S1 disc prolapse in my back. Currently pinching a nerve quite badly rendering my left leg pretty much useless. Can't ride at all. 8 weeks off.

PS. Do you ride one of the blue M9s on the back of the Ranger?

negative. i didnt ride today, sadly because my back spasmed. It's been a long painful day on my back. Funnily enough, i had/have two prolapsed discs in my neck C5/C6. Caused all manner of *** in my left arm. It's been managed now, mainly by making sure i sleep neck and back completely flat and in alignment. But i've still lost some strength in my left arm and hand. But it's not so bad that I can't hold onto the bars when it gets rough.

Heal up Maxxis. I can imagine how it feels to be sidelined like that. meh..

Edited by Capricorn

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

negative. i didnt ride today, sadly because my back spasmed. It's been a long painful day on my back. Funnily enough, i had/have two prolapsed discs in my neck C5/C6. Caused all manner of *** in my left arm. It's been managed now, mainly by making sure i sleep completely neck and back flat and in alignment. But i've still lost some strength in my left arm and hand. But it's not so bad that I can't hold onto the bars when it gets rough.

Heal up Maxxis. I can imagine how it feels to be sidelined like that. meh..

Thanks man.

Sorry to hear about your back. Never good.

So you have an M9? The 4th one in SA then?

Mine was the first in ZA :thumbup: :devil: . Literally. Red headed hottie.

Somewhere between the blues (The Ebel brothers) on that bakkie and your red one was numbers 2 - 4.

Nice to know there are exactly 2 red ones, and 2 blues ones :P Nice bit of symmetry.

Edited by Capricorn

Mine was the first in ZA :thumbup: :devil: . Literally. Red headed hottie.

Somewhere between the blues (The Ebel brothers) on that bakkie and your red one was numbers 2 - 4.

Nice to know there are exactly 2 red ones, and 2 blues ones :P Nice bit of symmetry.

Awesome!

How is yours built? Fox? RS?

Awesome!

How is yours built? Fox? RS?

RS build: world cup up front with custom shimstack, and a 2014 Vivid R2C at the back wrapped in a bit of Ti-lingerie. Renthal stem, bars and chainring. E-thirteen chain device, cranks and pedals, and mavic rims wrapped in schwalbe loving. Codes provide the stops. Pretty much standard stuff except for that shimstack.

Edited by Capricorn

• 2 weeks later...

Hope Tech 3 V4s going on.

1901409_10151850514506557_370794979_n.jpg

BIke is now done. Not going to change rims until absolutely needed. ERD is the same at the Flow EX so it's an easy swop down the line.

For now I have a spare MTX33 that is brand new.

Hope Tech 3 V4s going on.

1901409_10151850514506557_370794979_n.jpg

BIke is now done. Not going to change rims until absolutely needed. ERD is the same at the Flow EX so it's an easy swop down the line.

For now I have a spare MTX33 that is brand new.

Seeing as you can't ride.... maybe I should test it for you.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Seeing as you can't ride.... maybe I should test it for you.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Walking into my bike room is like walking into a strip club. Look, but don't touch.

Walking into my bike room is like walking into a strip club. Look, but don't touch.

Intellectual masturbation.... they are NOT art.... they are tools... use them or lose them... :)

• 1 month later...

Not a lot has happened since the last post.

New mounting hardware on it's way for the CCDB and the Hope Tech 3 V4 brakes went on. Also switched to 165mm Saint cranks. 175mm was just too long. Kept smacking pedals.

Also changing rubber to Schwalbe Big Bettys and going tubeless.

For now I'm recovering from spinal surgery so no riding for 3 months.

Not a lot has happened since the last post.

New mounting hardware on it's way for the CCDB and the Hope Tech 3 V4 brakes went on. Also switched to 165mm Saint cranks. 175mm was just too long. Kept smacking pedals.

Also changing rubber to Schwalbe Big Bettys and going tubeless.

For now I'm recovering from spinal surgery so no riding for 3 months.

yikes man! 3 months?! what was the surgery for?

also, were you smacking pedals while pedalling?

yikes man! 3 months?! what was the surgery for?

also, were you smacking pedals while pedalling?

Had to have a sequestrated L4/L5 disc fixed and L3/L4 and L5/S1 decompression done.

I was smacking in corners and rocky sections. I know it's mostly technique related but I prefer the shorter cranks to be honest.

I'll be back :)