The Classics

T-Bob

I reckon they must have broken some sort of record yesterday for crashing. They just could not help them selves from inspecting the ground and surrounding vegetation up close. :whistling:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That must have been some serious force to put a dent like that in that wheel.

post-40232-0-68507200-1396851041_thumb.jpg

Not to sure who is at fault here?

Some serious wheel integrity there from Mavic. Great quality wheels.

To answer your question, apparently, the road furniture / traffic island was unmanned, no flagging to alert the riders.

Seems like JVS hit the island which some spectators used for viewing.

Sad.

That must have been some serious force to put a dent like that in that wheel.

Last doctors reports yesterday put her in ICU in Waregem in coma after brain surgery and extensive injuries. Critical but stable.

With no marshalling on around that island VS just went straight into her and an incredible pace. A great race with a hugely sad incident.

Terrible scene

It's just the Flandrian tradition to not fence or barricade the parcourse

post-12015-0-97449600-1396814717_thumb.jpg

A 65-year-old woman suffered life-threatening injuries after being hit by one of the riders competing in the Tour of Flanders, Belgian police reported on Sunday.

The spectator was knocked over by Belgian rider Johan Vansummeren, police told local news agency Belga.

The accident took place less than one hour into the one-day classic as the riders made their way out of the town of Wielsbeke.

Vansummeren, who is with the Garmin team, was taken to hospital by ambulance with probable fractures to the face, Belga reported.

Spartacus has evolved, its great when a rider learns and adapts..... now instead of trying to ride everyone off his wheel he outsprints those who manage to hang until the end.

I wish we could have a whole season of classic one day races like this

Edited by SwissVan

Spartacus has evolved, its great when a rider learns and adapts..... now instead of trying to ride everyone off his wheel he outsprints those who manage to hang until the end.

I wish we could have a whole season of classic one day races like this

He also outwitted them .. too many times has he ridden out in the front for long, only to have a whipper snapper wheel sucker snap the victory at the last sudden sullen moment. It was a real battle of nerves towards the end yesterday.

Agreed, that was great bike racing, probably one of his greatest victories.

You can d/l the whole Sporza shabang in HD, including pre and post-race interviews from cyclingtorrents.nl btw, only 11GB.

Edited by kosmonooit

Got to say the RVF yesterday had to be one of the best bike races to watch in a long long time. Those guys were hurting!

I just hope Paris Roubaix won’t be anything like it was in 2011.

All the teams were marking a Cancellara out of the race, letting Johan Van Summeren slip away.

No one was racing the race, they were racing Cancellara.

"If I had stopped for coffee, they would have done the same"

Wasn't nice to watch, but I suppose that’s bike racing.

Go Fabian!!