The Classics

T-Bob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JACOBUS VENTER still doing fantastically at the head of the race - what an achievement for MTNQ

Bakelants decides to have another go off the front. Are Omega Pharma-QuickStep adopting the Garmin tactic from last year?

Bakelants is a former winner of the under 23 event at Liege-Bastogne-Liege, so he knows these roads.

He's showing his strength

MTNq also being well represented at the head of the race

Yip, Jaco is having a superb race. 6 hrs of prime TV time won't hurt his career at all. Good man!

Yip, Jaco is having a superb race. 6 hrs of prime TV time won't hurt his career at all. Good man!

I'm so impressed

Lang and Jakobs are now together behind the leaders, they still have 41 seconds over the peloton. Bakelants is back in the peloton now, his attack was quickly closed down.

Any news on Meintjies yet - did he get back into the main field safely after his crash?

Haven't heard

They do report all the abandoned riders though

I reckon he's in the field, but the main field seems strung out thinly.

Tough times

After a few attacks from the peloton, BMC have sent a man to the front to control things. They don't want to let any dangermen go too soon. The result is that the leaders now only have 1:09 on the peloton.

I'm so impressed

Doesn't matter that he'll soon get swallowed up and might be the last time we see the team in action today, surely must be seen by Doug Ryder and the sponsors as a very successful day for the boys :thumbup:

There seems to be a ceasefire for now, as the peloton make their way to the next climb of the Côte des Forges. We're approching crunch time where things will really light up.