The Classics

T-Bob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sagan must be favorite but watch out for Gilbert, Greipel, Cav & Paolini. Heart wants Ciolek to repeat but I think it's unlikely unless the weather is dreadful.

So hard to call.

Whoever is in the final selection over the Poggio....

GO SAGAAAAAN

'Dale, will there be DSTV coverage tomorrow?

I haven't seen a thing.

There was a post earlier about RAI.

Its more exciting on RAI with Italian commentary. If you know most of the riders you catch on pretty quickly whats happening.

I just checked the weather for the race tomorrow. Looks like there will be less chance of rain. More importantly, the latest forecast has a headwind all the way down the coastline.

When they reach the Cipressa, the headwind is forecast to be 20 - 35 km/h.

Shaping up to be a traditional sprint finish - generally not much chance of a breakaway staying away in a headwind, esp. one that is 130km long.

'Dale, will there be DSTV coverage tomorrow?

DSTV channel 430 RAI from 16h05 SA time.

Check www.steephill.tv for live streaming before that on various (free!)channels!

Enjoy!Is going to be classic Classic!

With about 175km to go, there is a breakaway of 7 riders who have a lead of around 10 min on the peloton:

Matteo Bono (Lampre Merida), Nathan Haas (Garmin-Sharp), Nicola Boem (Bardiani), Antonio Parrinello (Androni Giocattoli), Maarten Tjallingii (Belkin), Jan Barta (Netapp-Endura) and Marc de Maar (UnitedHealthCare).

They've just reached the lower slopes of the Passo del Turchino, a long 25km climb with a maximum gradient of 6.8%. It was at the top of this climb last year that the riders got into their team buses with ice-encrusted helmets ahead of the shuttle to the coast.

Apparently the weather is really ***. Thunderstorms at the moment with reports of hail on the Turchino as well.