First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

pretty hot and some really interesting creatures.

watch out for dengi, nasty illness you get from mosquitoe bites. My colleague in Manilla son had it last year just after the the big storm. Was in hospital for two weeks

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Can we ride in Indo?

Gotta make up some board racks I think. Let me check my spares box :w00t:

Sorry for the mini hijack people.

My mate Nic sent me a vid of riding in Bali. Looks AMAZING. The dirt is pitch black and loamy and the riding scene is big. So you hit Ulu's in the morning. A ride mid day and then back down to Ulu's for the evening glass off.

Then off to Kuta to get smashed on Bintangs. Aaaaand Repeat!

Except of course you never get drunk cos it's HOT. And HUMID!

Edited by Omega Man

Guest OldFlow

Sorry for the mini hijack people.

My mate Nic sent me a vid of riding in Bali. Looks AMAZING. The dirt is pitch black and loamy and the riding scene is big. So you hit Ulu's in the morning. A ride mid day and then back down to Ulu's for the evening glass off.

Then off to Kuta to get smashed on Bintangs. Aaaaand Repeat!

Except of course you never get drunk cos it's HOT. And HUMID!

Sounds like a www.sa-bali-addiction.co.za website coming up soon......

Guest Omega Man

Sounds like a www.sa-bali-addiction.co.za website coming up soon......

Haha. I think True Blue travel have that sown up.

I can't explain, as I didn't see the post. I have seen some "explanations" of what has transpired with some antagonism within the text.

Yiu have seen the post, Dave. It was the same as I sent the hogs as a group before the barrage of questions came through from the group.

It dealt with the plans, b8ith past and oresent, within tokai and the things we need to remember when voting.

Any perceived antagonism was only as a result of repeated received slights and accusations based on misinformation.

Like the question re the AGM and why we haven't had one yet. I did some research last night. The forum as a whole (TMMTBF) only had its inaugural meetong in late 2012. Tokai MTB as it is now did not exist back then. So the first AGM for tokai mtb was indeed only necessary in the next 2 to 3 months.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Guest Omega Man

Like the question re the AGM and why we haven't had one yet. I did some research last night. The forum as a whole (TMMTBF) only had its inaugural meetong in late 2012. Tokai MTB as it is now did not exist back then. So the first AGM for tokai mtb was indeed only necessary in the next 2 to 3 months.

The AGM was called by Muerant. So was the moratorium.

Edited by Omega Man

The AGM was called by Muerant. So was the moratorium.

Not talking about this one, Duane. I'm talking about the confusion caused by the assertions that "there should have been ab Agm by now" when the constitution of tokai mtb isn't even a year old yet, and the TMMTBF is only just a year old.

I know who called the moratorium. Meurant approved it. Big difference between requesting it in the first place.

Guest Omega Man

I know who called the moratorium. Meurant approved it. Big difference between requesting it in the first place.

Correct. My apologies.

Yiu have seen the post, Dave. It was the same as I sent the hogs as a group before the barrage of questions came through from the group.

It dealt with the plans, b8ith past and oresent, within tokai and the things we need to remember when voting.

Any perceived antagonism was only as a result of repeated received slights and accusations based on misinformation.

Like the question re the AGM and why we haven't had one yet. I did some research last night.

Shouldn't of had to do ANY research.

The forum as a whole (TMMTBF) only had its inaugural meetong in late 2012. Tokai MTB as it is now did not exist back then. So the first AGM for tokai mtb was indeed only necessary in the next 2 to 3 months.

But IS necessary for the NPO

I've been torn as to whether to reply or not but here goes.

I was not specifically referring to that post, but reference to "aggrieved party", "disgruntled", etc. in other posts too.

You talk of misinformation, but if I look at "The Process" on http://www.tmmtbforum.co.za/, it alludes to the fact that TokaiMTB existed before April 2012.

TMMTBF had it's first PUBLIC meeting in August 2012.

The Process

Formalising the group

Amarider approached Pedal Power Asociation, Table Mountain Bikers and TokaiMTB in April to revise the format of the "MTB Working Group" as well as proposing that independent consultants are appointed to drive the process professionally.

In May we engaged with CNDV Africa and started the process by meeting at CNDV offices on 31 May 2012. At the meeting it was agreed to name our new entity Table Mountain MTB Forum and the process of formalising our group officially began.

Click here to see the minutes of the 31 May 2012 meeting.

A second meeting was held on 28 June with all roleplayers in attendance. At this meeting the draft constitution was discussed and accepted and we agreed we were ready to plan the inaugural public meeting

Click here to see the minutes of the 28 June 2012 meeting

Click here to see the Draft Constitution as of 24 July 2012

The inaugural public meeting is set for 22 August 2012 - see above menu link for details.

Click here to see the minutes of the 22 August 2012 public meeting

How did it exist beforehand? I can only work on information I receive and/or find.

Not talking about this one, Duane. I'm talking about the confusion caused by the assertions that "there should have been ab Agm by now" when the constitution of tokai mtb isn't even a year old yet, and the TMMTBF is only just a year old.

Is the current constitution not a draft version?

Does it not need to be agreed upon in a public meeting?

Is it not necessary for the NPO?

.........most important question of all. Can we all go for a beer afterwards?

Edited by Pappa Bear

I'll bring some with (a small stash tho)

Guest OldFlow

Only if that two beer limit nonsense does not apply!

Guest Omega Man

Will it be frowned upon to SELL beers at the meeting?

I'm beginning to like you...

I'm beginning to like you...

For you I'll try see I my buddy has any of his last batch of Homebrew available.

Any particular requirement? IPA, Weis, etc.?

Guest Omega Man

For you I'll try see I my buddy has any of his last batch of Homebrew available.

Any particular requirement? IPA, Weis, etc.?

Haha. I recently made a batch of bitters. It was so bad that I decided to take one for the team and finish it as soon as possible.