What to choose on a 30k budget

SalomonPienaar

Hi hubbers ive got a 30k budget for a mtb cross country/ trail / play bike ..... all rounder ive got my eye on the new Specialized Stumpjumper FSR comp, I did take it out for a ride an truly enjoyed it.

Are there any other options that im missing out on?

Will appreciate your comments.

Hi hubbers ive got a 30k budget for a mtb cross country/ trail / play bike ..... all rounder ive got my eye on the new Specialized Stumpjumper FSR comp, I did take it out for a ride an truly enjoyed it.

Are there any other options that im missing out on?

Will appreciate your comments.

thats the one-look no further.

buy it and go ride :)

Thanks that's quite a month full. ...

Im currently riding a GT Force an I do enjoy it but would like to venture into 29er territory.

If you can wait a bit have a look at the On one Codeine.

EDIT: From the site.

Oh yeah - it's a 29er. 140-160mm fork, 128mm rear, 67deg head angle, 35mm BB drop, 440mm chainstays (that's 4mm shorter than our Scandal 29er hardtail!). Current frame weight 7.45lb. Planned frame weight 7lb.

ISCG05, Dropper compatible, 142 (will be, is 135mm right now).

Edited by Pieter1

Giant Trance or Pyga 140mm

http://cdn1.coresites.mpora.com/dirt_new/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/EDH_3545.jpg

I have a stumpy FSR and although its a good bike I would say that it is too much suspension for general SA conditions. I would get a Camber if you want to go with Spez. That is a good combination of travel for conditions here. Otherwise as mentioned above Giant Trance or even A Pyga in whatever wheelsize floats your boat

...I'm glad you are joking hehe!...or are you :-/ ?

I've been riding Teocali for the last 4 years and its a great bike! Climbs well, descends well and feels solid without feeling weighty. Not too heavy and not too expensive. I've upraded all parts and just havent needed to change the frame (didnt buy complete - bought the frame and built the bike from scratch from the go).

Minimal pedal bob when climbing or just cruising without the need for locked out shock - even if you do have an RP23 on there. Sure its not a 30k bike, and there will be lighter bikes on the trail, but over the past 4 years I've raced it and ripped it, havent broken it, and still love it.