Conti vs Schwalbe's / 27.5

awesme

Hi guys

So had a bit of a problem with my RR Schwalbe's 2 weeks back (Breedtsnek), blew out the side.

So was lucky enough to source a

Race King - Protection for the rear

x-King - Protection for the front

Wow, just holding the Race King in the one hand and the RR in the other, what a difference, especially the side walls.

Same dif between the x-King and Rocket Ron.

Both Conti's have ALOT more side wall. :)

G

Just be aware that the Conti's are easy to buckle hahaha yes buckle.... Had a brand new one burp on its maiden ride in the singletrack at Jonkers and the tyre buckled NOT the wheel. So I have a new X-King with bout 2km on that's totally useless laying at home.

Roll nice and grips well but not good for fatties like me :ph34r:

Sorry just saw your heading stating 27,5...... Mine is 29er probably why it buckled :devil: :whistling:

Edited by BogusOne

Just be aware that the Conti's are easy to buckle hahaha yes buckle.... Had a brand new one burp on its maiden ride in the singletrack at Jonkers and the tyre buckled NOT the wheel. So I have a new X-King with bout 2km on that's totally useless laying at home.

Sorry just saw your heading stating 27,5...... Mine is 29er probably why it buckled :devil: :whistling:

Conti Mountain King 2.4 (29er).........buckled (not rim).......first day Berg and Bush

Just had the same problem with a Conti X-King this weekend.Brand new tyre I fitted. As I spun the wheel it looked like a roller coaster going from side to side.Wheel perfect, tyre not so much.

yes however the first RaRa's and RoRo's 27.5 was evo and non snakeskin. But the contis protections sidewalls are defiantly thicker then the snakeskins as well. My xking on the front is buckled as well however it doesn't seem to affect performance. Its got 4000km on it and almost done.

Just had the same problem with a Conti X-King this weekend.Brand new tyre I fitted. As I spun the wheel it looked like a roller coaster going from side to side.Wheel perfect, tyre not so much.

Conti Mountain King 2.4 (29er).........buckled (not rim).......first day Berg and Bush

Yeah its nogal quite annoying that you pay such a lot of money for something that so rubbish. I just took them off and threw them on side and got me a set of Schwalbe's again. Never Conti again,

Ye, my Schwalbe's was early models, only tyres available at the time in 650b.

650b options was and well actually is still limited.

G

yes however the first RaRa's and RoRo's 27.5 was evo and non snakeskin. But the contis protections sidewalls are defiantly thicker then the snakeskins as well. My xking on the front is buckled as well however it doesn't seem to affect performance. Its got 4000km on it and almost done.

i used the xking front/race king rear combination on my 26in bike for epic last year and I'm using the same combination in 29er now. i love race kings, i think they are fabulous.

I had the Mountain King front and Race King rear on my 26'er, love the way they rolled/gripped.

You could also run them pretty low pressure with the think sides, giving loads of grip, but not rolling underneath you. so when Conti released the x-king and race king in Protection on the 27.5 and well I ha d the blow out, no convincing needed.

Got the same setup on my wives 29er.

G

i used the xking front/race king rear combination on my 26in bike for epic last year and I'm using the same combination in 29er now. i love race kings, i think they are fabulous.

Yeah its nogal quite annoying that you pay such a lot of money for something that so rubbish. I just took them off and threw them on side and got me a set of Schwalbe's again. Never Conti again,

Yeh, a pitty as I used to swear by them.Also got some Racing Ralphs now.

+1

its funny really.. i was recommended ralphs for my first ever mountain bike. punctured as i crossed the line in my first race which paved the way for the tyres futures. punctured every schwalbe tyre I've had, found them absolute pants and would never buy them.