"Argus Time" classifieds

cadenceblur

Ads to follow looking for a sub 5hour bike for the AUGUST

Hey don't joke. I'm going to be off my Sub-4 bike this year and back on my Sub-5 bike. People need to understand it is all about the bike ...

Edited by walkerr

It would appear that around this time, the Hub gets quite busy with newbies looking for bikes - have to love these two "ads" :clap:

http://www.thehubsa....6-road-bicycle/

http://www.thehubsa....ying-road-bike/

When a guy is so "lazy" that he would rather post an ad than look at the ads posted already..... Its like a **** that asks you to google something for him. ts actually less effort to just do it yourself, but they are too lazy to think that far.

Hang on there cadence blur...

What exactly do you expect a newbie to have in his wanted ad? Specific geometry he's looking for? Each component specified?

I can see by the replies on the adverts themselves you're quite sarcastic and a little bit mean, but think back to when you knew nothing - could you write a better wanted ad?

Relax man... If they find a bike, good for them. If not, leave it alone. It's ads like these that the hub actually thrives on, I think...

When a guy is so "lazy" that he would rather post an ad than look at the ads posted already..... Its like a **** that asks you to google something for him. ts actually less effort to just do it yourself, but they are too lazy to think that far.

That's why I said 5 hour bike :)

What exactly do you expect a newbie to have in his wanted ad? Specific geometry he's looking for? Each component specified?

I can see by the replies on the adverts themselves you're quite sarcastic and a little bit mean, but think back to when you knew nothing - could you write a better wanted ad?

Relax man... If they find a bike, good for them. If not, leave it alone. It's ads like these that the hub actually thrives on, I think...

I disagree. He knows the Hub well enough to post an advert, but he does not want to go through the hundreds of cool bikes advertised on it? There is even a nice filter function. There is a difference between a newb and a noob.

sarcastic, if so why not? - where do people get off requesting people to source items for them, with all the info a click away. You will also notice on the second ad, I actually gave the advice that more specifics would be beneficial.

sarcastic, if so why not? - where do people get off requesting people to source items for them, with all the info a click away. You will also notice on the second ad, I actually gave the advice that more specifics would be beneficial.

I understand what you're saying but did you think that maybe they aren't looking or you to give them what they could themselves seek, but rather to put out there that a willing buyer is looking for something fairly open ended?

I put a wanted ad up for an indoor trainer a couple of months back. Someone replied with his, which he wanted to sell. He hadn't posted it, but it was great and exactly my thought about price. I bought it.

Just because it's not posted in the classifieds, doesn't mean it's not for sale.

Again, relax