Karoo 2 Coast 2014

JJBoth

No Prob. If i stuff up, lose a side wall on my tubeless, have multiple punctures on my spare tube, and run out of bombs (as happened similar to you, my pump works slowly but it works) i will ask and hope someone helps. But i will not bitch and moan afterwards as people would not give up their tools due to my bad luck.

Look for the tall mofo going slowly uphill. Its probably me.

So they must help you but you don't......cool....hope you are good friends with Karma ( not the hubber)

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The K2C is sounding more and more like the roadie Argus with the no. of people being inconsiderate, over crowding and the level of skill being rather low with many riders not used to riding in groups or still being rather inexperienced in handling a MTB at speed and then in a group.

Have not done it yet, always wanted to, but thinking it is maybe not worth the cost and effort from CT to do the event ..... or am I completely off the mark and should still give it a go sometime soon?

The K2C is sounding more and more like the roadie Argus with the no. of people being inconsiderate, over crowding and the level of skill being rather low with many riders not used to riding in groups or still being rather inexperienced in handling a MTB at speed and then in a group.

Have not done it yet, always wanted to, but thinking it is maybe not worth the cost and effort from CT to do the event ..... or am I completely off the mark and should still give it a go sometime soon?

Give it a go.

Totally worth it. Skill and fitness level in A,B and C were very good. Camaraderie too for that matter.

Seems things were heated in the lower echelons.

small portion cannot spoil a most enjoyable outing and ride/race.give it a go.

please fellow hubbers do not misunderstand me.some of the above might be a gripe but the enjoyment of a roadtrip with mates drinking a few beers and riding my bike far outweighs the behaviour of a few inconsiderate people.

please fellow hubbers do not misunderstand me.some of the above might be a gripe but the enjoyment of a roadtrip with mates drinking a few beers and riding my bike far outways the behaviour of a few inconsiderate people.

Fully agree, I still had a very good ride and I am happy with my time and to have finished....

Was my first and been wanting to do this race for years. After the first 20k I vowed never to do it again. I'm a patient guy but the walk up the first climb and number of people standing in the middle of the road, stopping, being inconsiderate, etc just freaked me out. Granted I started at the back which made it more difficult but still.

Just my 2c

So they must help you but you don't......cool....hope you are good friends with Karma ( not the hubber)

Nope not what i said, i do not say they MUST help me. I am big and ugly enough to help myself. Karma/life experience/poor planning have taught me to be self reliant if i have a problem. It would be nice if someone does help but not always much they can do. I have a pump and some tube patches for the worst case scenario. I have walked plenty in races on top of mountains with lots of downhill to push a bike as well.

Helped plenty of people plenty of times with bombs, patches, spanners, chain links even loaned some arb my pump on a Trailseeker race (he kept stopping in front of me to bomb his bike and ran out of bombs).  So i am semi selective (naive sometimes) about when i help and depending on what help is requested. As i mentioned you asked for a tube which is one thing i dont give up unless i can see the finish line.

Really sorry you had a bad run and its never lekker to push. I hope i can help you sometime and sorry i did not know what you actually needed.

K2C nice race as always. This year road bit more bumpy, loose and more dust than usual, but still enjoyed it as always.

Only one gripe this year and it was that nowhere was there any thing to snack. Previous years there were always some bananas or apples or potato's, but could not get anything this year. Fortunately had a energy bar with me.

K2C nice race as always. This year road bit more bumpy, loose and more dust than usual, but still enjoyed it as always.

Only one gripe this year and it was that nowhere was there any thing to snack. Previous years there were always some bananas or apples or potato's, but could not get anything this year. Fortunately had a energy bar with me.

I saw lots of snacks at the water points, had a small piece of banana loaf, there was also doughnuts and jam and some other similar stuff.

The traffic jam and walking on the Old Wapad is part of the history of the race, it happened in the beginning when there was only 500 participants. 

I had some of those salty potatoes at 2 stops near the end, they also had fruit and sweets. Those tatties got me over the line.  

Anyone know where to see results/times etc ?

Archived