Event Photo Pricing

scott the hobbit

A few years ago I did the Wild ride, and Jon Ivins placed a few go pros along the route, I presume he grabbed stills off the cameras.

He's another excellent photog. I've got 2 of his book of Sani and Wild Ride pics.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the way forward to use those wildlife remote self-triggering camera that can be strapped against trees or fence posts - no need for expensive kit & human operators

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/10/article-1364868-0D8BB926000005DC-466_634x365.jpg

You still need human operators to deploy and set these up, and these are actually expensive.

They're great, but ultimately can create more work as you then need editors to go through all the footage, thus increasing expenses.

That's without having to recover the capital spend on getting the equipment and extra cameras as well. Plus the risk factor of theft or damage, which in turn increases your insurance costs.

• 4 weeks later...

Despite my better judgement I decided to buy a few Argus pictures because it really was a special occasion riding it with my sons. Paid for 4 pictures and downloaded it, just to find that 1 is out of focus and 1 is so under exposed that I'll have to do some editing just to get something I can print and put on the fridge door. The "soft focus" one is a total loss. Now, how do I deal with this? Take it as a lesson? I see no way to "return" it! Irritating!