Cav'

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a dominant victory by El Pistolero

Indeed, poor show by uran,evans and wiggo

Personally I believe that we'll only know who's the biggest contenders for the Tour at the Critérium du Dauphiné (where froome,berto and co will all face off)

For now lets focus on the classics...

Until today, I had no idea Sir Sideburns was even riding.

Until today, I had no idea Sir Sideburns was even riding.

Yup he was there all the way in the shadows.

If he wants to win the Vuelta this year he'll have to find his climbing legs soon...

Edited by Cav'

he wants to win the Vuelta this year

Wait. My daughter's birthday is on April 2. Can I tell her this one on the day before? Will crack her up.

Wait. My daughter's birthday is on April 2. Can I tell her this one on the day before? Will crack her up.

Yes you can. He said he wants to win the Vuelta.

Rodriquez will climb circles around him come August.

Yes you can. He said he wants to win the Vuelta.

Rodriquez will climb circles around him come August.

Purito wont need to. Wiggo will be retired after the first week.

Evans withdrew earlier, not even citing a reason to the media

Beautiful race, and I have it all in HD :)

I think The Wig, Fabs, Tony and other big timers were just riding in support of their teams and also getting in shape, some for MSR

Edited by kosmonooit

Evans withdrew earlier, not even citing a reason to the media

He did make a statement but did not share a clear reason for his dip in performance.

Interesting read on cyclingnews.com how 'Berto gives acknowledgement to his coach for his current form - helping to manage his weight and training at altitude.

Steve de Jongh also worked with the Skyborgs and clearly has some good training methods.

De Jongh was a directeur sportif with Team Sky between 2010 and 2012 and directed the team's spring Classics campaign. He left as a consequence of Team Sky's zero tolerance policy and admitted to taking EPO "on a few occasions" between 1998 and 2000. He turned professional in 1995 for TVM and was part of their Tour de France squad in 1998. He rode for Rabobank and QuickStep before retiring at the end of the 2009.

Interesting read on cyclingnews.com how 'Berto gives acknowledgement to his coach for his current form - helping to manage his weight and training at altitude.

Steve de Jongh also worked with the Skyborgs and clearly has some good training methods.

De Jongh was a directeur sportif with Team Sky between 2010 and 2012 and directed the team's spring Classics campaign. He left as a consequence of Team Sky's zero tolerance policy and admitted to taking EPO "on a few occasions" between 1998 and 2000. He turned professional in 1995 for TVM and was part of their Tour de France squad in 1998. He rode for Rabobank and QuickStep before retiring at the end of the 2009.

De Jongh showed him how to control his weight and how to train at altitude? Surely he knew that?

De Jongh showed him how to control his weight and how to train at altitude? Surely he knew that?

Reading De Jongh and Riis' comments, they make it sound like a focus and discipline thing.