Car drove into me this morn - end of my Ironman

kingalton

pins and stapples come out tomorrow, been a month today since the accident, month since I did anything to break a sweat - cant wait to get back onto my bike and go for a run...

luckily I have only picked up 1 kg in this month, the first few sessions are gonna hurt though...

I share your pain.

Back in 2007 I was also training for Ironman. Got hit from behind by an old man in a bakkie and ended up with a broken pelvis. I have never tried again to do Ironman, just too lazy.

The only good that came out of it was a brand new Specialized Tarmac courtesey of his employers insurance.

At least you have next year to do it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pins and staples out, was crazy sore (I might be soft) almost fainted and was very nauseous..

Doc was happy with the new xrays, bone has aligned correctly...

new cast for 3 weeks, then should be done..

going for my first run this evening and will try go for a road club ride on Sunday.. on the road back to recovery :-)

You should asked them to graft some skin between your fingers while they at it.....you know like webbed fingers...good for swimming I hear

Good to hear things are going to plan

You should asked them to graft some skin between your fingers while they at it.....you know like webbed fingers...good for swimming I hear

Good to hear things are going to plan

haha, thanks