[Event] Amarider 100Miler & 50Miler

Dirtopia MTB Events

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really interested in the 50 miler. But not having done one before the logistics confuse me. Not a lot of info on the 50 miler. How tough is it etc. Would love to do it, but a bit cautious.
youll have to find own transport to the start venue, or find own way back from the finish to your car waiting at start for you.

youll have to find own transport to the start venue, or find own way back from the finish to your car waiting at start for you.

Okay, is it worth entering, do you think there will be many entrants. Or mostly 100 miler guys. Guessing the climbs are not too bad.

Okay, is it worth entering, do you think there will be many entrants. Or mostly 100 miler guys. Guessing the climbs are not too bad.

50 miler pulls a good crowd hence the free shuttle service is fully booked out, I'm even taking 3 mates who are doing the 50miler back to their cars as soon as I've come in.

well thats me not going then. i just don't fancy the 100 but i don't want the hassle.. theres that hex thing same day at least

well thats me not going then. i just don't fancy the 100 but i don't want the hassle.. theres that hex thing same day at least

i would highly recommend that race instead.

Looking forward to my first 100 miler manage to convince 3 other friends to do it with me so won't suffer alone as entered as a team

50 miler pulls a good crowd hence the free shuttle service is fully booked out, I'm even taking 3 mates who are doing the 50miler back to their cars as soon as I've come in.

Sweet man. My girl can drop me off no problem. Think I am going to give this a go. Done Hex river twice now. Maybe this will be a nice change. 80km souns like a nice tough day on the bike.

I am really interested in the 50 miler. But not having done one before the logistics confuse me. Not a lot of info on the 50 miler. How tough is it etc. Would love to do it, but a bit cautious.

Also battled with this the first time.

The 100miler is a circle route of 160km

The 50miler is the last 80km of that route.

This gives you logistical problems as now you need to start at point b and end at point a.

The last 80lm is not technical at all. Just need to pace yourself for the climb you will get at 60km.

Looking forward to my first 100 miler manage to convince 3 other friends to do it with me so won't suffer alone as entered as a team

HaHa...I could never convince them. Maybe they see the light now.

Good Luck mate....

Edited by DMC007

HaHa...I could never convince them. Maybe they see the light now.

Good Luck mate....

thanks

Excluding Seweweekspoort this is probably the easiest 80km race I have done. Unless you encounter a bad headwind on the day but that hasn't happened the past 2 years. As others said, challenge is the climbs near the end so pace yourself well and you'll be fine.