Is this inverted shock going to take off?

braailegend

CCS always keeps the pricing as close to the ZAR/$ Xrate as possible so work on about $x11.

The 650b option is going to drop quite a bit of weight (SID XX World Cup weight) with a lot more stiffness.

Right now I'm thinking Rocky Mountain Element 999SL with the RS-1 on the front or another Scalpel.

Would prefer both in 650 though

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CCS always keeps the pricing as close to the ZAR/$ Xrate as possible so work on about $x11.

The 650b option is going to drop quite a bit of weight (SID XX World Cup weight) with a lot more stiffness.

Right now I'm thinking Rocky Mountain Element 999SL with the RS-1 on the front or another Scalpel.

Would prefer both in 650 though

You would have to be rocking a really special wheelset and component spec to match up to those two!

Sure as hell is pretty

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb10767649/p5pb10767649.jpg

I am thinking the obvious here ... going against the grain, but a flipping hot 29'er SS running this fork ... yes please ... or a Ti SS frame as a close second :)

Only draw back is the stanchions are so exposed to rock strikes etc, be easier to replace them though!

Then fit moto style guards like the new Lefty has

I am thinking the obvious here ... going against the grain, but a flipping hot 29'er SS running this fork ... yes please ... or a Ti SS frame as a close second :)

...I know of just the bike for that!

post-1575-0-90859300-1396949198.jpg

...I know of just the bike for that!

post-1575-0-90859300-1396949198.jpg

Decent and plenty pics .... you can't drop a bomb like that and not give more info

There's been a run-up with (what I'd assume you want) coming some time this week in Part 3. As things work out I'm still looking for a fork for the bike!

Decent and plenty pics .... you can't drop a bomb like that and not give more info

Currently I'm the only one with decent pics of this bike :devil: :devil: :devil:

Lots ofadvances since then. Tapered steerers, thru axles becoming the norm, carbon tech,geometry and bike setups that are kinder on suspension, internals on suspension and overall design...all of these add up to make things possible that before seemed impossible.

We've been having it!

I still need to see proof that the tapered steerer or the thru axel bringing any benifit in rigidity etc. I have had both and I now ride a tapered steerer and 12mm thru axel and they still flex as much and more importantly while running 1.6bar tire pressure all of this is out the window anyway as the tire still 'flexes' as much

90% of this is just marketing hype to force more sales. We need the latest greatest. no matter if it was the latest and greatest 10 years ago as well. Just like fashion it keeps repeating itself, but now with newer tech they are able to show improvements over the old.

There's been a run-up with (what I'd assume you want) coming some time this week in Part 3. As things work out I'm still looking for a fork for the bike!

Rigid Lefty for the Win....

You would have to be rocking a really special wheelset and component spec to match up to those two!

would need to be Corse 29 on Chris King at the rear and the proprietry hub on the front.

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb10768032/p5pb10768032.jpg http://es.pinkbike.org/240/sprt/i/bigquotes.png

RockShox earns high marks for steering precision with the RS-1. Few if any truly lightweight forks match its tracking ability over rough ground and no 32-millimeter-stanchion 29er fork can.

http://es.pinkbike.org/240/sprt/i/bigquotes.png

The flash value alone, of an inverted carbon fiber XC racing fork from the boys and girls at RockShox, will generate sufficient force to drive it into the marketplace. The visibility that the RS-1 will bring to the brand when it debuts at World Cup XC events is yet another story bursting to be told. Beyond the hype, though, the the RS-1 also happens to be a damn good fork - one that seems to have handily overcome the historical negatives that have been recited ad-nauseum in media reviews of its predecessors, Those should be its number one selling points. For cross-country racers, the RS-1 delivers the exact blend of firm pedaling, big-hit insurance and instant remote lockout action that they need to win, along with the additional bonus of a substantial measure of security and stiffness in the steering department. For trail riders, the 120-millimeter-stroke model is the only practical option, as the RS-1's torsionally rigid carbon chassis and effortless suspension action begs to be ridden harder than the pencil-neck 100 or 80-millimeter options can possibly handle. In stock form, the 120-millimeter RS-1 is undergunned in the plush department to compete with some elite-level trailbike forks in the same travel category, but all the pieces are in place. The RS-1's Accelerator damper has seeds for speed, and with the addition of a couple of volume spacers to correct the spring rate, we are confident that the suspension action of RockShox's new inverted fork will match its standout steering precision and chassis stability. - RC

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb10768042/p5pb10768042.jpg

Archived