Is this inverted shock going to take off?

braailegend

Thanks ,you guys are way above my level of intellect, I have been working on these things for the past 13 years and I learn from the best everyday.

Thank you for your help and Droo, your googling skills is a wealth of information , I will ponder in it, however stick with what I know.

And if the two of you need help, my door is open, I am prepared to show you guys how a fork should be serviced.

Skylark, you especially are very welcome, I would love to learn from the best, but perhaps maybe even part some of my thumb sucking skills upon your already incredible wealth of knowledge .

The open oil bath splash system comment really blew mind, I never knew they were te same, I know that the older Fox forks as well as Marzocchi forks used an open oil bath system, but from now it will be treated as a splash system as well.

Pearls of wisdom as you pointed out.

I'll admit I used the term open bath there incorrectly, apologies the correct term is oil bath for the RS lowers oil reservoir that lubes the stanchions, for everyone else that may be interested to know.

But Wyatt you carry on putting 15ml float fluid in the lowers of your clients new RS forks, you are a very experienced chap with forks, if it works for you don't stop.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit I used the term open bath there incorrectly, apologies the correct term is oil bath for the RS lowers oil reservoir that lubes the stanchions, for everyone else that may be interested to know.

But Wyatt you carry on putting 15ml float fluid in the lowers of your clients new RS forks, you are a very experienced chap with forks, if it works for you don't stop.

Pal, one thing you learn, even when you sit in their offices in the states, most of the figures given are guidelines, the guy who works on the forks can apply his own discretion ,within bounds.

When I work on a fork, I apply splash fluid as I feel fit after a full assessment of said fork.

I use splash fluid/float fluid (sorry Fox, I know you went and put a registered trademark on an old generic industry term)

I use the correct weight according to the fork and with most Reba's, Sid's and Tora's I apply 15 ml.

You are of course welcome to give Cape Cycles a call and ask them how many forks they have had from me for repairs in the past 13 years (and I am not referring to warranty forks here)

Your sarcasm as well as your patronising last sentence has been noted, thank you.

Hond se ballas, yeah I reckon Sea Otter, as you know it has been the opening race for the season to showcase all the latest and greatest gear.

Great festival with an awesome showcase.