Increase leg speed

amoryns

ok so what specific exercises can I do to increase my leg speed? I know I can climb, but at the moment vat tot oom skillie die skilpad my verby op bulte....

PS..I am not overtrained....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sit on an indoor trainer and find a gear that is not to heavy or to light. One where you feel comfortable and one where you can maintain your cadence at 105+ rpm and then keep it there for say 30 minutes to 45 minutes... Warm up... Spin... Cool down...

Oh...

And you shouldn't be bouncing in the seat
Jason2008-02-28 05:15:38

I held my RPM on 115 - 120 vith a avg of 118 last night in the gym on one of that crappy ID bikes.  With the Aminostim I held a 109 RPM avg.

It is fast to pedal but had it on 240 watts most of the time for 15 minutes. 

It is torture and really boring... You'll see once you've got your cadence up, during the workout you'll be pushing it to 110rpm and then 112rpm and so on... which is fine... as long as you don't bounce... I wouldn't say 45 minutes, but once you're used to it 45 minutes will be a breeze... My hamstring gets sore. Jason2008-02-28 05:23:07

So you thought the fitness and leg speed is just gonna jump into your lap with no effort...sorry but ive got news for you...Wink

Amoryns

Motorpacing.  Werk BAIE goed vir die beenspoed.

Dan is daar ook strekke wat jy kan doen om die hip flexor los te kry wat beenspoed kan verbeter.

http://www.easyvigour.net.nz/fitness/pilatessketches/HipFlexStrFin.gif

http://intramurals.athletics.cornell.edu/cfc/eod/images/hip_flexor_stretch_%28iliopsoas%29_ilio_e_l.gif

So you thought the fitness and leg speed is just gonna jump into your lap with no effort...sorry but ive got news for you...Wink

uhm I've got the fitness..I just need the legspeed Avatar....

spinnekop, ek gebruik daardie cyclo-core se oefeninge om te help met hip flexsors help baie met seated climbing 

Yup stretching is very important! Spinnekop, you could of at least got a modern day photo! Stop trying to bring back the 60's!

excuse my ignorance but how is legspeed going to increase your climbing ability.

I thought by doing training on climbs you increase your climbing ability ?

Captaindura...eintlik dink ek enige iemand kan klim, but to have a good leg speed going up a climb is vital

my bene voel soos beton as ek by klim opgaan....and believe me I train and do a lot of hills..unfortunately skipping the speed work part...so ek dink met bogenoemde advies kan dit verbeter word.