Another one of those threads...

cadenceblur

So, here goes.

Hubber posts ad for an item. The item is brand new. I respond requesting banking details, which I receive promptly. Payment is made on the same day and proof of payment and my address is sent.

I receive an email two days later stating that his phone is stuffed, he has not acknowleged any of my correspondence.

I confirm purchase again and re-send proof of payment.

I receive an email on Tuesday indicating that his phone is lost and he's waiting for service provider to retain his number.

Requests my address again and promises to ship the same day.This is now 5 days after I have made payment.

I request the tracking number, but receive no response.

The hubber's phone is off.

Hasn't been online since the 22nd March.

This hubber has done alot of trading on the HUB with lots of positive feedback.

He is unreachable.

What do I do.

It has now been more than a week.

Terrible. Think you are done for....hope not.

I think I am ALSO in the process of a hoax via the Hub. Cash paid, tracking slip "lost" etc.

Guess we will have to wait for all the Holy Joe's to say it could be worse, etc, etc

Maybe the hub should be an active member in the sales of items....

Think of AirBNB, which you book a house and pay the website and the website handles payment to the other side.

This way, the seller only gets the money after the purchaser says the item is fine.

Maybe the hub should be an active member in the sales of items....

Think of AirBNB, which you book a house and pay the website and the website handles payment to the other side.

This way, the seller only gets the money after the purchaser says the item is fine.

Too complicated IMO.

My advice is to name the seller to avoid the same happening to somebody else.

A simple escrow service. Agree on an neutral hubber to act as go between. Goods are delivered to neutral third party who confirms the goods and takes receipt of good. EFT payment occurs online and goods are then released by the third party to the buyer. In this way trust can be built and long distance purchases where postage is involved becomes more stable.

Name and shame, if he/she is innocent he will apologise and rectify.

The hub is full of such cool okes and really a community of people sharing the same passion and interests. I don't know why someone will want to deliberately mess that up for him or herself.

Gumtree mentality should stay on gumtree....

LBS should offer a service small fee to check over the goods hold goods once payment is confirmed, release goods and charge say R250/R350 FOR TOTAL PIECE OF MIND on both parties, obviously the shop does it on a no warranty basis, they check the bike if it is whats advertised let buyer know HEPPY HEPPY

A simple escrow service. Agree on an neutral hubber to act as go between. Goods are delivered to neutral third party who confirms the goods and takes receipt of good. EFT payment occurs online and goods are then released by the third party to the buyer. In this way trust can be built and long distance purchases where postage is involved becomes more stable.

Too complicated. People just need to use the rating service and 'see' if the posters are regular users of the hub. Noobs should be treated as noobs. If people want to participate in the community, BECOME part of the community. That is the only sure fire way to keep scammers out. They will not invest the time it takes to become accepted here before trying to pull some con artist stunt.

Edited by Tubehunter

The Hubber in question is X Factor. If anyone knows him or has access to him, please advise / assist

Edited by cadenceblur

SO, Murphy's Law... I received an e-mail with an apology, also stating that item has been shipped, I enquired WHEN, no response. When enquiring with Postal Services using the tracking number,I was told it was not on the system, advised seller of this as well, I await a response.