Do you ride a 26er?

Guest dirkieuys

Yes, while i also have 29" i love riding my 26", it's my fun bike and I also find it more nifty on single track and twisty bits.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Slowbee. I did create a poll. 80% of the 135 votes still ride 26ers.

I was wondering if the cycling community has given up on 26ers. All i hear at bike shops are that they only sell 29ers and 650 b bikes. As i said, no disrespect to anybodys wheel chioce. Thanks for taking part. And yes, i ride a 26 er.

I have said it before, 26'ers will be around for a long time to come. For tires,tubes and other specific parts there are bargains to be had. I buy consumables like tires at half or one third the cost of 29'ers.

Yes.

There are 7x 26" in the family. 5 of which are ridden regularly. A few other sizes in there too.

Yes X2, but thinking of a 650B Anthem to replace my 26" Anthem, don't know why.. need to try one first, and there's no rush

One of the big issues is that all your 26" specific spares become redundant... wheels, tyres etc, so there's got to be a very good reason to make the change

One of the big issues is that all your 26" specific spares become redundant... wheels, tyres etc, so there's got to be a very good reason to make the change

Haha. Hahahahaha! Bwahahahahahaha!

Tell that to mavic, RS, suntour etc. Sure they'd love to hear your opinion.

Yup.. started on a 26er about 6 years ago, then went to a 29er about 2 years ago.. then about a year ago, sold the 29er for another 26er.

Hi,

I have a 26 but would seriously like to try a 29 before commenting which is better.

Sarge

Haha. Hahahahaha! Bwahahahahahaha!

Tell that to mavic, RS, suntour etc. Sure they'd love to hear your opinion.

Actually I'm happy! You can buy 26" wheels at very good prices these days...

Archived