SS chainring

martinsnyman

Hi Guys,

I need some help - I finally have all the parts to complete my first MTB SS except for the front chainring, my question is can I use any chainring - or does it have to be SS specific? I will be running a half link chain.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

I need some help - I finally have all the parts to complete my first MTB SS except for the front chainring, my question is can I use any chainring - or does it have to be SS specific? I will be running a half link chain.

Thank you

Martin

The best is to get a SS specific ring...basically a non-ramped one....Blackspire makes some nice ones...light as well, but if you go to hunters in jozi they have some surly steel ones in various sizes..32, 34 and 36 if I remember correctly...bit heavier but lasts a lifetime

you dont Have to run a SS specific chainring. you can run your standard chainring but not advisable.

If you already have a standard chainring and use it a temporary fix until you get SS chainring it would be fine but definitely dont go buy a standard one it use it as a permanent fix.

SS chainrings are relatively cheap.

Go have a look upstairs at Epic cycles in centurion.

Edited by jcmeyerSS

Tha ks for the advice will go have a look at epic tomorrow

Blackspade 34 of 36 ss specific .Epic and Hatfield cycles has stock