ABSA Cape Epic 2015

Sasquatch

Team RECM ‏@TeamRECM 18s19 seconds ago .@AbsaCapeEpic WP2, 55km: RECM lead women; Ascendis +8'25"

Not to be funny, but these cant all be the top female MTB'ers from around the world. How can the top team be 8 minutes ahead in half a stage.

Do the other top ladies have other commitments that prevent them from partaking in the Epic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be funny, but these cant all be the top female MTB'ers from around the world. How can the top team be 8 minutes ahead in half a stage.

Do the other top ladies have other commitments that prevent them from partaking in the Epic.

A lot of them rather concentrate on the world cup circuit.  epic training takes it out of them, then there world cup (where they get the most $$$$) takes a knock!!

A lot of them rather concentrate on the world cup circuit.  epic training takes it out of them, then there world cup (where they get the most $$$$) takes a knock!!

Understood, makes sense, gotta pay bills!

I think it is a bit more complicated than that.  This is ultra marathon stage racing. A lot of the top riders in the Epic don't even feature in the UCI marathon rankings. I don't think Ariane ever does UCI marathon races. 

But we do seem to have a few of the top 10 UCI ranked riders here.

Interested to see how far down they are compared to the top men's teams.

As well as compared to the mixed!

Nobody to challenge these two

Where's the live video feed from the finish line that we had last year?

Nee vra dit.. I don't see anything on the website either

Archived