Warning don't use sealant with Ammonia or Latex on Maxxis Lust ust tyres

mikethebike234

It's a yoke.

1. Mr Tsai is pulling your chain.

2. I tried telling the story to my Crossmarks and they gave me a the usual non-plussed look.

The last delamination I can remember seeing was a Bontrager 29r tyre in 2007.....and zzzippp...open goes the can of worms.

I'm outta here

:)

This information was around in 2005

Sorry I did not realise that I was jumping up and down about something that everyone knows about..I put it down to my noobnes then.... especially as far as tubeless goes, so what does one do? hunt down a sealant that doesn't have the said ingredients? or just go what the heck and use any old sealant...?

generally I avoid Maxxis tyres. That usually solves the problem.

The other culprit is Specialized. Not sure why these don't like ammonia.

I use Hutchinson, Continental and Michelin. None have had a problem with Ammonia based sealants. Vredestein and Kenda was also trouble free

Edited by GoLefty!!

Apologies, I thought you were yoking, really.

Just use a sealant. And ride. There's more crap talked about tubeless and sealant than could ever be good for cycling.

no worries ..and as for your advice I may just do that and hope that I'm not that 1 in 200000th person who has a problem,,tyres are so dam expensive these days ...but thats another whole thread :D

I use Hutchinson, Continental and Michelin. None have had a problem with Ammonia based sealants. Vredestein and Kenda was also trouble free

great after I spent all that money on these tyres ....oh well at least they were on special. I suspect it may just be a way for tyre companies to get out of their warranty obligations. We'll see what happens then if they fall apart you'll read about it here...

I said it in the other thread you posted as well. Caffelatex sealant will give you piece of mind. Just don't use a co2 bomb to seal the tyre. go to your local garage. Slimepro is also a good alternative

Maxxis was prone to delaminating, maybe they have solved it in the meantime? other brand that delaminated on me was an Intense Tyre, it took me forever to get all the latex out of my leg hair.

Been riding Maxxis for years. Had Geax and Scwalbe tyres before and they don't compare to Maxxis IMO. Granted, they're heavy but I haven't had a single puncture (touch wood!). And I've also used Stans and never had a problem.

I've been using Stans sealant in Maxxis Crossmark Lust tyres for about 3 years now with no problems at all. The only issue I have is that in summer the Stans seems to dry up quite quickly.

Various Maxxis Crossmark LUST and IKON EXO with Stans since 3500km... Hundreds of punctures and not a single flat... And no other issues either...just my 2c

ok so after a bit of a mission I have got the Joe's ecoseal. Bike + in constantia apparently Olympic in claremont have it as well. Will finally be setting up my new tubeless tyres this weekend ..hopefully today.Just gotta find a floor pump for a price that does not make me want to cry.