• Converted 1x10
  • 32t FRM Chainring
  • XX Cassette 11-36
  • X9 Trigger shifter
  • XO Rear derailleur
  • Look S-Tracks pedals
  • Spez Phenom saddle

post-17321-0-81716500-1400569053_thumb.jpg

What drivetrain did you convert from 2x10 or 3x10?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GT has always been one of those "have to have" bikes for me. So, I was in my LBS a few weeks back and saw this hanging about - price was good, and the frame is in superb condition. Let the build begin, I will post a complete pic when I'm done, just finding time is not on my side at the moment :thumbdown:

So its been a while, but here she is, finally finished.....

GT has always been one of those "have to have" bikes for me. So, I was in my LBS a few weeks back and saw this hanging about - price was good, and the frame is in superb condition. Let the build begin, I will post a complete pic when I'm done, just finding time is not on my side at the moment :thumbdown:

Wow! Beautiful work done, love the red/black colour scheme. Enjoy her!

What drivetrain did you convert from 2x10 or 3x10?

I RussT, I converted from a 2x10 setup and really enjoy the 1x10

Brandon, I saw one like this at Darling this past weekend. Were you there?

Hi Fabian46, nope not me, I opted for a Tygerberg Trails ride the morning of the Darling!

howdee all

looking from some help from the gt owners.I have a GT Peace ss and the rear hub(gt branded) was not sounding to good so i opened it up to have a look and am now having a bit of a battle to get it back together .anyone done this before or have pictures of how to rebuild these hubs .

please let me know.

thanks

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

howdee all

looking from some help from the gt owners.I have a GT Peace ss and the rear hub(gt branded) was not sounding to good so i opened it up to have a look and am now having a bit of a battle to get it back together .anyone done this before or have pictures of how to rebuild these hubs .

please let me know.

thanks

cheers

I'm no mechanic, but if you're near Linen JHB drop by Linden Cycles. They will be able to help with wheel rebuilds.

My GT Zaskar Pro Le 9r. Loving it!

2013 Pro Le 6069 Alloy frame

Deore XT drivetrain and brakes

Fox Float RL Fork

Fulcrum Red Metal SL Wheelset

Geax Saguaro TNT tyres

I bought it second hand as a rebuild from Linden Cycles.

post-41779-0-44093600-1404470721_thumb.jpgpost-41779-0-06374200-1404470782_thumb.jpg

Here are two of my old Zaskar Team Bikes, one from 2005 and the other carbon from 2009...

post-133-0-66420000-1404471724_thumb.jpg

post-133-0-22221900-1404471726_thumb.jpg

GT Zizang Titanium frame

Hope brakes

Fulcrum wheel set

Rockshox SID fork

XO crank

Race Face NW 34T

XO Type 2 rear derailleur

Richey trail bar and seatpost

My GT Zizang Titanium frame

Hope brakes

Fulcrum wheel set

Rockshox SID fork

XO crank

Race Face NW 34T

XO Type 2 rear derailleur

Richey trail bar and seatpost

post-17371-0-26402800-1404473547_thumb.jpg

No pics but a story about GT's. Me and my best mate rode GT's throughout the US in the late 1990s. He borrowed a bike from his uncle and I bought one at a bike shop in New Mexico (both HT's with front shocks). We rode in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington State, British Columbia, Oregon, Northern California and Nevada. Most of the time, we camped in the State Forests and the National Parks, avoiding big cities and large towns. The single-track in the Rockies still fills my dreams from time to time, 15 years later. Not a single mechanical problem in many, many hard miles... Just before we left, I sold my bike back to a bike shop for more than I paid for it.

Feeling a bit embarrassed to post a Karakoram between all the Zaskars but here goes :clap:

This my mine(Excuse the dirt, pic was taken mid-trial)

post-20429-0-81549900-1404906261_thumb.jpg

Archived