Dark Horse wheels

TONY1968

I have a set, also 50mm clinchers and using them for about two years now. But have never had any problems with them.

I bought a set of 50mm Dark Horse clinchers from revolution cycles on 4/10/2013 after about 500km i suffered bearing failure on the drive side. Revolution replaced the bearing at my cost after asking me if i had dismantled the hub and regreased the hubs. To me this was uncalled for as i dont have a clue how to dismantle the hub in the first place. I was asked by the mechanic if id regreased the bearings.

Prior to owning these wheels i owned a set of American Classics 58mm Carbon Clinchers although not the best of wheel sets as far as stiffness is related to weigh, i must admit that the American Classics are by far superior to the Dark Horse wheels when it comes to rolling resistance. This morning i wanted to go for a ride just to discover that my rear wheel had broken a spoke flush with the hub . My faith in these wheels is sadly lacking. Any other Hubbers had similar experiences?

I know two riders that ride them hard and lots.

They're happy.

Please take it back to DH. Have you raised it with them already?

I hear their after-sales service is awesome.

It would have been nice if you gave them first chance to respond. You could then have published their response.

Edited by TALUS

I've ridden thousands of km's on mine with no servicing, one true as precaution. I think They are great wheels!

I have dealt only once with a bike shop in CT. I was on Easter holiday and my Dropper Post started acting up. We were planning to do a big few days of riding. I could not get the wholesale workshop or any bikeshop to help me. Eventually I drove past Revelution Cycles, stopped and walked in. They have never seen me before. The owner (or his son) gave me his Reverb bleeding kit so that I could do the bleed myself. When I took it back the Monday he didnt want me to compensate him for the material used. Revolution Cycles treated me better than I could ever expect. I will not easily be convinced of the opposite.

Guest DieBees

This is actually the LBS and not the supplier that is at fault. The supplier would be more than happy to help you. Maybe you should contact them ditectly? I have friends that are very happy with their DH wheels.

This is actually the LBS and not the supplier that is at fault. The supplier would be more than happy to help you. Maybe you should contact them ditectly? I have friends that are very happy with their DH wheels.

I would tend to agree with this.

I posted here because i was not impressed with the after sales service that i recieved from RC. I feel that if i spend my cash at any bike shop and if i have an issue with my purchase that i should be well looked after and not brushed aside like i have been on the two occasions that i have returned the wheels to the bike shop. To me after sales service is important. Im no pro rider but i do expect to be treated with some dignity if i have an issue with a product that ive paid for.

Go directly to DH.

I only hear raving reports about their after-sales service.

Good luck.

I bought a set of 50mm Dark Horse clinchers from revolution cycles on 4/10/2013 after about 500km i suffered bearing failure on the drive side. Revolution replaced the bearing at my cost after asking me if i had dismantled the hub and regreased the hubs. To me this was uncalled for as i dont have a clue how to dismantle the hub in the first place. I was asked by the mechanic if id regreased the bearings.

Prior to owning these wheels i owned a set of American Classics 58mm Carbon Clinchers although not the best of wheel sets as far as stiffness is related to weigh, i must admit that the American Classics are by far superior to the Dark Horse wheels when it comes to rolling resistance. This morning i wanted to go for a ride just to discover that my rear wheel had broken a spoke flush with the hub . My faith in these wheels is sadly lacking. Any other Hubbers had similar experiences?

I am sorry to hear about your experience with RC as well as our wheels. I personally have only ever had good experiences with RC and they are my LBS of choice.

Regarding your wheels please feel free to contact us to organise some new bearings. I am sure once you have got some new bearings in your wheels it will change your opinion on them.