Dr Sludge No More Flats Tubes

GuyOnBike

I'm sorry to rant, I'm usually not this full of crap...but...seeing that this is the second time I thought I'd shoot this out there to see what others' experience have been like.

I rode the Argus with my MTB on slicks with Dr Sludge tubes. Last week when I was ready to put my knobblies back on I could deflate one of my tubes as the sludge had clogged the valve. After spending about 20 mins of cursing and fighting I managed to get the air out.

Long story short - now I can't inflate the tube as there isn't enough space for the air to go through. This is the second time I have had this problem and thought I'd share my experience.

I stored my bike in such a way that the valves were at the top so that the sludge sits at the bottom.

Today I couldn't wait anymore and stopped by a shop to pick up tubes, call me a sucker as I walked out with Dr Sludge again...only this time when I opened the packet the sludge had leaked out leaving a rock solid crusted valve that can't move...

I'm so disappointed as one tube costs R165!!!

I think I'm just going to go back to tubeless...Stans!

Edited by GuyOnBike

Come on Guy. You should not be insulting your MTB with Slicks... The end...

Whahahahahahaha!!!! Funny you should say that, every night when I got home and opened my garage door, I couldn't look my bike in the eyes because it looked so weird... :P

I had the same experience. Hubbers talked me into going tubeless.....Never looked back after that!

Throw that crap away and do the same. :thumbup:

Yeah, I am first returning the ones I bought yesterday and then I'm going tubeless.

I think I'm just going to go back to tubeless...Stans!

Yeah, I am first returning the ones I bought yesterday and then I'm going tubeless.

You were on tubeless, and went backwards?

I like Kenda kwikseal tubes, but had hassles with punctures on the rim side of tube where the sealant couldnt stop the leaks. Other than that they worked well. I have converted to tubeless a couple of months ago when I bought new tyres, dont think I will go back to tubes again.

Same experience with the Dr Sludge tubes. Had a flat then found after replacing the tube I couldn't inflate it all the way (2.2 tyres). Not slicks though....

Absolute waste of money.

Tubeless is the way to go, pays for itself quickly if you're shelling out R165 per tube.

Those Dr Sludge tubes are pretty bad. Had one or two myself and the bloody sludge just congealed at the bottom of the tire making it incredibly unbalanced.

Had tubeless now for 2 years, not a single puncture or problem.