[Event] NISSAN TrailSeeker #1 Diamond Rush

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....I want Cycle(un)sure branded handkerchiefs.........suddenly developed a severe case of the sniffles today.......

......watch out for some seriaaaas snoetprojectiles tomorrow........SORRY!!!!!

Did anyone feel a bit disappointed by the "goodie bag" this year.

I got LOT of paper, a bell???, A bag of dried fruit and 1USN product.

Less prominent events have more impressive goodie bags......a single goodie bag at Magoebas or Sondela have more (usefull) stuff than all the Trailseekers combined.......those people like giving......from pre-race stuff such as food and energy bars right through to soap for the post-race wash. It is all in the detail. Small bag packed with useful stuff rater than a big bag full of emptiness.......

Edited by BarHugger

....I want Cycle(un)sure branded handkerchiefs.........suddenly developed a severe case of the sniffles today.......

......watch out for some seriaaaas snoetprojectiles tomorrow........SORRY!!!!!

Don't want to be the guy taking the fun out of the day but if you have the sniffles, take it very easy or skip it all together. Heard of so many people this week who had heart attacks while training with colds. The late gentleman at Clarens also had a slight cold.

Not worth it. Seems like the strains of flu going arround these days are much more severe than usual. Good luck anyway as I take it you are already on your way.

Enjoy it out there today. Doing the 40 with the wife!

Cheers

Great ride!

Yes, there were bottle necks and some congestion but the course was great fun.

The pace started high in c batch for the marathon. My time in the pain cave started early and there wasn't much light at the end of the tunnel until the finish. Feeling properly shattered now.

Hope everyone else had fun!

Really enjoyed today, felt strong all the way to the end and improved my time by 8 minutes.clap!!! ????

I have been critical of Advendurence in the past. I skipped all their events for 18months.

I would like to give them a BIG thumbs up today. I think the big change was the manner in which the batches were sent off. Worked well! Route was very similar to 2y ago. It is never nice to join the shorter route backmarkers but it just seemed better managed today (were I was).

I lost a water bottle so I apologise for adding to the post-race clean-up.

Reasonable first race back. 3:22ish from B.

Well done Wessel, Gavin, Fritz and the team.