Amped portable charger

Tubehunter

Anyone have any info regarding these, hopefully what their real world performance is like and where I can get some in the Cape Town area perhaps?? They had a stand at the Argus expo and we're apparently used quite extensively at teh Epic by many riders.

Tried the number they have advertised on http://www.amped.co.za but it doesn't ring??

Shot

Jay

Edited by Tubehunter

Guest EdEdEd

Theres a helluva lot of these stuff on the market.

I know iStore sells one thats a 11 000 mah for R800

There is cheaper options as well....

Guest EdEdEd

I have one of these

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTI4MFgxNjAw/z/Vq0AAOxy4XNSNnb0/$(KGrHqZ,!qgFIbDgcQfOBSNnbzoeZw~~60_37.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Twas R220 for 2600 mah

I have a 10 000mah one bought off an advertiser on the hub - lasts a lot longer than the amped one, and has 2 USB ports, so can charge at least 2 devices at the same time - this is a useful feature.... garmin and cell phone concurrently....

Lasted the whole Epic....

Shot for the replies chaps!!

Anyone come up with an interesting mounting option for these?

Best you explain where you want to mount it...

I bought an Amped charger and I'm very impressed with it. It charges my iPhone three times before its empty. I got a split cable, where I can charge my phone and Garmin simultaneously. It also has some indicator lights that tells you how much power is left.

The guy who brought them in did some proper market research. These puppies deliver.

I had another brand, much cheaper, but it's lying in my drawer. It doesn't keep the charge, and I cant trust it on a stage event.

I have a 10 000mah one bought off an advertiser on the hub - lasts a lot longer than the amped one, and has 2 USB ports, so can charge at least 2 devices at the same time - this is a useful feature.... garmin and cell phone concurrently....

Lasted the whole Epic....

Do you remember the brand name?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tubehunter

This is day 1 on the hub for us - apologies for only responding now. Although we must say, we’re amped to arrive at school on day 1 and find our name already on the noticeboard :thumbup:

If you're still in the market we'd love to be in touch - give us a ring on 021 827 0331, or email takecharge@amped.co.za

@EdEdEd - agreed, there are other products on the market - we know :) - we've dragged +35 products through the mud in exhaustive testing. We were typically disappointed with the options available in South Africa and went onto conduct most of our testing on overseas products. The Carbon 5, the official portable power at the Absa Cape Epic, Joberg2C and about to be seen at the Sani2C Race is the outcome of this testing. We stand conclusively behind our product for it’s reliability, durability, power and yes, good looks!

If you are a mountain biker and planning for upcoming stage races, and still on the fence, the Amped Carbon 5’s pièce de résistance is the Power House - this 3000unit trailer is custom built to accompany stage races, making sure that your Carbon 5 is always charged. After it’s debut at the Absa Cape Epic, the Power House travelled from Joberg to Scottburgh keeping all 900 riders (who had each received a branded Old Mutual Joberg2C Carbon 5) fully charged. The response was phenomenal, with kudos going to Old Mutual and the Joberg2C for showing true understanding of stage racing essentials by partnering with Amped.

Thanks to all the hubbers who we’ve met along the way – we’re amped to meet more of you guys at the Sani2C Race – please pop in to say hi.

I’m Amped

Amped Portable Charger

Portable Power. Take Charge. Get Amped.

facebook.com/ampedportablechargers

@ampedbypower

Ps, if you are still sitting in the dark; check out:

Our latest posts on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ampedportablechargers

A gallery of images and details on pinterest

http://www.pinterest.com/ampedbypower/

Only at the Sani2c Race, not the Adventure or Trail? That's disappointing.

Will the units at least be on sale at registration for the Trail and the Adventure?

Only at the Sani2c Race, not the Adventure or Trail? That's disappointing.

Will the units at least be on sale at registration for the Trail and the Adventure?

Hi Squier - we're aiming to be at all 3 events in future, but for this year we will be providing the full service at the race. We'll be on sale in Underberg and then following the race with the Power House to MacKenie and Jolivet, proving charging for all Amped units.

Hi Squier - we're aiming to be at all 3 events in future, but for this year we will be providing the full service at the race. We'll be on sale in Underberg and then following the race with the Power House to MacKenie and Jolivet, proving charging for all Amped units.

Ps Squier, all products are available online with super quick delivery - http://amped.co.za