Fox setup help

PoiZoNouZ

I have a mate that just got a 2008 Gary Fisher HIFI Pro 26".

It has Fox front and rear suspension, what air pressure should I use in the fork and the shock? The Trek website does not go back that far with the suspension calculator.

He weighs around 70kg with all the kit.

I set mine up according to sag and the way I ride and where I ride.

I am 90-94kg with a backpack and have about 70-80 psi in the front and about 250psi on the rear.

Best bet is to take a shock pump and go for a ride and play about. Be careful of not enough pressure in the front as the fork tends to dive when you brake hard.

After a few rides you will see where the o ring (or if it hasnt got one where the dust settles on the stanchions) generally is and adjust it from there.

I had a 2009 HiPro carbon and you can run 170Psi on the shock and 80Psi on the fork at his weight.

I set mine up according to sag and the way I ride and where I ride.

I am 90-94kg with a backpack and have about 70-80 psi in the front and about 250psi on the rear.

Best bet is to take a shock pump and go for a ride and play about. Be careful of not enough pressure in the front as the fork tends to dive when you brake hard.

After a few rides you will see where the o ring (or if it hasnt got one where the dust settles on the stanchions) generally is and adjust it from there.

Are you sure about the 250psi on the rear?

Run mine at 160 psi and 93kg with kit.

Lol. I run my dhx at 300. Max. And I still bottom out with 200 psi in the piggyback!

I prefer it stiffer as i still ride around a fair bit on dirt roads. on the rough stuff it still uses most of its travel though.

• 1 year later...

Good starting point for me

Your weight in kg is your pressure in psi for fork and 2x for shock.

Eg - 80kg = 80psi for fork and 160psi for shock.

Then add or subtract at 5 psi increments to achieve desired sag

Hope at helps

Make sure any lockout/damping adjustment is full open.

Then set pressures to get about 20% to 25% sag front and rear when just sitting normally in riding position.

Then fine tune to personal preferences from there.

Archived