New 160mm Trail Bike? Hmm What to get

nigelhicks

Ye I agree the evo 650b was a bit of an after thought on Specializeds behalf, but didn't you want one before you bought your Reign Brawler? ;)

I rode one last weekend and liked it. The carbon frame is quite a drawcard. I haven't ridden many bikes so all I could compare it to was my old 2009 Stumpy and a 2014 Spez Enduro that I demoed last year. Haha it might look like I have a love affair with the big S, but I assure you that's not the case.

It climbed really well for a 150mm bike, but wasn't as playful as I'd hoped, hence the reason for my questions. Outdoor Escape are building a demo XL Bronson so I'll take that for a spin some time as well.

It's a cool dilemma to have, but it's one that has cost many late nights and hours on pinkbike, not that students sleep anyway..

Being the only bike on the mountain is cool, but never easy to guarantee. I mean you should have seen the look on my face when I witnessed a Mojo HD3 in the flesh. You would have sworn I'd seen a unicorn, I even snapped a photo coz I doubted I'd ever lay eyes on something so majestic again. Only to see another one at the Bloemendal night ride last night :'D

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rode a Banshee Spitfire on the demo day A-line had at Jonkershoek end of last year. Awesome bike. They paired it with a 160mm Pike & CC inline double barrel,  Sram X1 & Reverb.

Ye I really wanted to go to that demo day! But as luck would have it I was in Stellies when A-line were at the Garden Route Trail Park and in Knysna with the gf when A-line were in Jonkers.

Being the only bike on the mountain is cool, but never easy to guarantee. I mean you should have seen the look on my face when I witnessed a Mojo HD3 in the flesh. You would have sworn I'd seen a unicorn, I even snapped a photo coz I doubted I'd ever lay eyes on something so majestic again. Only to see another one at the Bloemendal night ride last night :'D

Right time at the right place  :ph34r:

Ye I agree the evo 650b was a bit of an after thought on Specializeds behalf, but didn't you want one before you bought your Reign Brawler? ;)

I was looking and the Enduro 650b and the only reason why it was there was because it was the only other alternative to the Reign at the time.

You have way more options here so that would put the Spez way down on the list for me.

Archived