Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

The peloton have lined out, Quintana is back at the team car having his lunch, as they race alongside the Secchia river.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FDJ move to the front now and begin to set the pace on the front of the peloton. There's the odd Giant Shimano rider in the mix too but it's all blue on the front. Viviani and his teammates are just behind them.

Fedi's team car pulls up to him and he takes a fresh bottle as behind and back in the bunch FDJ hunch their shoulders, lean over their bars and push on the pedals as they look to reduce the gap.

The situation in the red points jersey is pretty tight at the moment but Bouhanni has the advantage due to his two stage wins. We should see the top six in that competition fight it out for the win today.

1 Nacer Bouhanni (Fra) FDJ.fr 166 pts

2 Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita) Trek Factory Racing 150

3 Elia Viviani (Ita) Cannondale 139

4 Roberto Ferrari (Ita) Lampre-Merida 121

5 Ben Swift (GBr) Team Sky 92

6 Michael Matthews (Aus) Orica Greenedge 90

7 Diego Ulissi (Ita) Lampre-Merida 66

8 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 60

9 Tyler Farrar (USA) Garmin Sharp 53

10 Davide Appollonio (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 5

Bandiera leans back on the bars and takes the pressure off his lower back as Fedi sets the pace for the two leaders. Long, flat roads and little wind at the moment, with the gap at 5'57.

The peloton head through the feedzone and there are a number of riders tucking into their lunch. Sky, Giant and Trek have all joined FDJ on the front with 71km to go.

We've raced over 100km now and the two leaders out in front, Bandiera and Fedi, have 5'30 over the peloton.

Interestingly QuickStep have also moved to the front of the peloton. Uran is there, of course, but so is Petacchi.

It's coming down with every pedal stroke, the leaders now 4'11 clear with 57km to go.

3'11 with 46kms to go

Sprint finish then, hoping Viviani can earn me some much needed points.

!!!!

There's been a fall and it's Moser. A bike change and the Cannondale rider is up and running again.

Sprint finish then, hoping Viviani can earn me some much needed points.

Hope he can meet the line first!

GO VIVIANI