Cairns World Cup #2

Stretch

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha

Cairns is cool - but it is also getting torn a new one by the keyboard jockeys.

Its similar to here with flow rather than tons of tech.

There are 2 short uphill sections so the UCI told me - but you come into them so fast that you just roll through it

I think its pretty cool

Will be interesting to see what the teams think of the logistics behind the event as their shuttle is by 4x4 with trailers (similar to us) but if it rains it is very difficult to get up the hill on the uplift.

There is a gondola near there but they cant use it as it doesnt stop in the correct spots ...

So i think it will be an interesting round

their main rock garden

http://flowmountainbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/TTNQ_Smithfeild_98-710x473.jpg

Gonna be difficult to spectate that up the course in the middle of that jungle

I had to laugh at the one commenting on the video.."here they will be going 70 80 even 90km/hr!!"

Watched the sic mic run. It looks pretty good - some cornering skill up top will be required and the speed will make it interesting...

hmmm... Micks run in the dry was fast - in the wet that tracks going to be a challenge ...

2 x 10 second uphill sprints ...

Then a 30 second flat sprint to the end ... (at Claudio's pace) . ..

Rocks look cool as does the Cyclone ...

Bottom section ... not so sure doesnt seem to have too much gradient - but then again videos NEVER do it justice as i know ALL to well.

Just worked out Claudios course time - 4:27 ... WOW thats a LONG track time

Look at that vs Micks time in the dry - 3:32 ... EISH - thats going to be tough in the mud

Ya, gradient never shows - the first part is very steep. I see there are a pile of spiders and things there to make it even more interesting for spectators and euros. Greg should have an advantage being from Africa and all... :-)

Yeah i saw that too....

I spoke to the UCI Tech Delegate about it during our world cup ... and he says its very similar - just more closed in in the jungle ...

Lots of high speed - but also lots of roots down below ...

What im interested in is the Riders feedback on the shuttle system as they have to use 4x4's to get up the hill..

Also I though they were going to go from the top of the mountain near the cable car - but they actually start on the lower peak at 360m above sea level - with the finish at 33m so less elevation drop than PMB.

I would think the track is like 2km long like Claudio says - so it definitely has sustained gradient ...

Will be interesting to see what the riders think.

I for one think its cool - nice mix of everything.

I can see Warner absolutely CR@PPING himself all week - he is such a scaredy cat ... here he was convinced there were black mambas under every leaf next to the track hahaha.

So there he wont want to come out of his room. hahahaha

Ya, gradient never shows - the first part is very steep. I see there are a pile of spiders and things there to make it even more interesting for spectators and euros. Greg should have an advantage being from Africa and all... :-)

he seemed particularly worried about snakes... Even tried to convince them not to eat him, cos he is a veggie and could therefore promise not to eat them...