What is the lightest full suspension MTB

Gravity Sucks

Question. What is the driving factor behind getting the lightest dual suss in that price range?

Do you want a light bike for bragging rights, or to make climbing easier?

If your answer is the latter, then I would say that suspension design can play more of a role in an efficient climbing bike, than saving 500g on a frame.

If you are after best mix of weight/performance/budget within your stated budget, I would suggest you buy a stock standard ALU Scalpel 4 (2014) for the Frame and Lefty. It comes with SLX i/spec shifters, Deore Brakes, etc. all good enough to ride while you upgrade, or strip and sell off. Cost you around 30k. then you spend your remaining budget on a new X01 groupset and carbon hoops and finishing kit such as carbon bars, post, saddle, etc... cost you less than 65k after recovering the bits and bobs from sold off components.

Trigon full suspension mtb XO 2x10 weighs in at 10.8kg - cost about R45000.00.

For me that is the best value out there at the moment. I think the XX1 goes for R53000 and weighs about 10kg.

My turner Czar is large and in at 9.8kg XC/Xterra build, @ R60k, Carbon wheels take it To R70k.

Marathon build 10.5 Kg @ R63k.

Both run Lefties, both XX1, just bottle holders, wheels + tyres differ.

You can get a 650B below 9.5kg for that price. The Scott Spark comes to mind, don't think the other top end bikes (Spez, Dale, Vipa) come in 650B. Yet!!!