Willow Creek/ Computer Mania MTB Challenge

Berry

Willow Creek/ Computer Mania MTB Challenge

Start: 3 May 2014 Category: MTB Organizer: Francois Esterhuizen Phone: 082 413 8935 Email: francois@maniccycles.co.za Venue: Willow Creek Estate Address:

Google Map Nuy Valley, Robertson, South Africa

Event Willow Creek / Computermania MTB Funride Event date Saturday 3 May 2014 Distances 60 km; 30 km; 10 km Starting times 60 km @ 08h30; 30 km @ 09h00; 10 km @ 09h30 Venue Willow Creek Estate, Nuy Valley, Robertson Enquiries Francois Esterhuizen on 082 413 8935 / francois@maniccycles-cw.co.zaRonnie Roodbol on 083 228 8580 / ronnie@computermania.co.za Lucky draw/cut-off 12h30 Pre-entries close Thursday 1 May 2014 Online entries https://online.entries.co.za/entries/findperson.aspx?eid=3019 On-the-day late entries? Yes

ROUTE DESCRIPTION

For the first 5 km, all routes follow scenic farm roads and jeep tracks through olive orchards and vineyards. Then the 10 km returns through vineyards and farm roads to the venue. The 30 km route continues via rocky paths and jeep tracks over typical Karoo hills with some climbs onto the lower Langeberg mountains until it reaches a secondary gravel road, after which it joins the 10 km route to return to the venue.

The 60 km route is aimed at experienced, fit cyclists and includes fairly technical sections. After leaving the 30 km route, the 60 km route heads up the mountain and down to Toontjiesriver, with a few more climbs included. Along the way, participants will cycle through a game camp with jeep tracks and climb up the 4×4 road to the Vodacom tower at the top of Mowers Hill. From here it is downhill for 10 km to the Nuy Valley using a mixture of jeep tracks and farm roads through vineyards and olive orchards to return to the venue.

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/30Km-Race-300x256.jpg

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/30-km-profile-300x170.jpghttp://www.pedalpower.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/60Km-Race-300x256.jpg

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/60-km-profile-300x170.jpg

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE

Take the N1 from Cape Town. Turn right to Worcester/Robertson and follow the R60 to Robertson. Continue for 14 km and turn left to Nuy. Continue for 4 km to Willow Crek Estate and follow the MTB signs to the parking area. GPS Coordinates: S: 33°39.59 ; E: 19°37.24

NOTES

Children u/12 will be allowed on the 10 km route and must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Profits in aid of the Willow Creek Crèche. This event forms part of the Nuy Valley Feast (www.nuyvalleyfeast.co.za) and there will be lots to do for non-cyclists. Spot prizes to online pre-entries.

Remember to display your PPA MTB funride number. No helmet, no ride. No transponder, no time – PPA pays for its members to be electronically timed by Racetec.

Pre-Entries

Late Entries

Distance

Entry Fee

PPA Discounted Entry Fee

Entry Fee

PPA Discounted Entry Fee

60 km

R110

R80

R140

R110

30 km

R110

R80

R140

R110

10 km

R90

R60

R90

R70

Share and Enjoy:

ICAL IMPORT+ GOOGLE CALENDAR

Previous Event

Comments are closed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it the last two years, the second climb looks smaller than the first but the loose stone/sandy gravel makes it more difficult. The first climb takes you through nice rough jeap track on the foot of the mountain, not bad, a gradual climb and nice damp section of the valley etc, very rocky downhill and a long flat fast section to the 2nd climb as I have already described, after the second climb a very technical rutted downhill section and then rolling hills home. Quite a fast race, to give you an idea, the winners finish in 2:10mins. Compared to Philadelphia...a lot less taxing on the gear and body!

Edited by BrandonF

Looking forward to this on saturday, I feel so lucky, think I might just win a mouse pad in the lucky draw :-)

Who else is racing?

I'll be in a black/grey ASG Shirt, on a Black GT Carbon 9r and a white Rudy Windmax on the noggin, say HOWZIIT!

Always lekke to meet hubbers at races

Enjoy!

b

Looking forward to this on saturday, I feel so lucky, think I might just win a mouse pad in the lucky draw :-)

Who else is racing?

I'll be in a black/grey ASG Shirt, on a Black GT Carbon 9r and a white Rudy Windmax on the noggin, say HOWZIIT!

Always lekke to meet hubbers at races

Enjoy!

b

see you there black and white trek superfly white lights by linea shirt

Edited by berry

I will be there too, my cycle buddy pulled out last minute so its just me, first race ever, doing the 30km for now.

I will be there too, my cycle buddy pulled out last minute so its just me, first race ever, doing the 30km for now.

1st race excitement! Enjoy every second man! I still remember my first race, Lourensford 30km, 3years ago

I'm keen to do the 30km tomorrow - I assume I can enter there before the event?

I'm keen to do the 30km tomorrow - I assume I can enter there before the event?

That is correct.