Shimano SA ( CPT)

wepat

Yes really, I didn't. Go back and read the thread. I looked at the suggested sites, suggested by Nick, and was curious about the prices. I asked a question re the prices which you very nicely cleared up for me. I queried prices. If you re look at the thread you'll see that. Honest mistake on your part, it happens.

Really??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Smimby

Most people here read it the way Naas said it.

Say sorry and move on. EvoBikes is a decent shop and always helpful.

You should have read the thread properly before responding.

Most people here read it the way Naas said it.

Say sorry and move on. EvoBikes is a decent shop and always helpful.

Say sorry for what exactly?

You should have read the thread properly before responding.

I'm sorry I gave the incorrect pricing, I looked at the pounds price and multiplied by 17.7 which was the exchange rate yesterday. I went with 60 pounds instead of 59.99...

Also, I never gave the OP the prices, I stated what I had worked out, as I'm looking to import brakes myself. I was asking it was cheaper to import adding in all the extra fees.

I'm sorry I gave the incorrect pricing, I looked at the pounds price and multiplied by 17.7 which was the exchange rate yesterday. I went with 60 pounds instead of 59.99...

Also, I never gave the OP the prices, I stated what I had worked out, as I'm looking to import brakes myself. I was asking it was cheaper to import adding in all the extra fees.

You also gave him the price for a single side and then compared it to Evo's price, which was for both sides. You then proceeded to argue with Naas when he pointed that out to you.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

You also gave him the price for a single side and then compared it to Evo's price, which was for both sides. You then proceeded to argue with Naas when he pointed that out to you.

i am not arguing with Naas, never have and dont think i ever will. its very simple, i looked at this thread as i am looking for brakes for myself and after looking at the links Nick (if you look back on the thread youll see it wasnt me) provided and Naas provided and after working out the Rand/Pound exchange and seeing it was quite a difference i asked what 'exrtras' such as import duties etc should i add to my total to get a true reflection on a total. im looking to go the best option for my pocket as i dont have millions to throw around.

Naas pointed out that CRC are selling single as opposed to a whole set, youll see i 'liked' his post as way of saying i see that, thank you.

ive looked back at the thread now and i cant see where im 'arguing' with Naas? Has the thread been edited maybe?

Louzy, you are the kinda fellow that needs this shop, it is the reason they are still operating after all.

http://www.thehubsa..../page__st__2064

thnx Wyatt

im not sure i understand though... are you saying i should shop there because they sell fake PInarrellos, a road bike, while im looking for mtb brakes? are you saying CRC sell fake brakes now? im not after fake... im not sure what gave you that impression?

i am not arguing with Naas, never have and dont think i ever will. its very simple, i looked at this thread as i am looking for brakes for myself and after looking at the links Nick (if you look back on the thread youll see it wasnt me) provided and Naas provided and after working out the Rand/Pound exchange and seeing it was quite a difference i asked what 'exrtras' such as import duties etc should i add to my total to get a true reflection on a total. im looking to go the best option for my pocket as i dont have millions to throw around.

Naas pointed out that CRC are selling single as opposed to a whole set, youll see i 'liked' his post as way of saying i see that, thank you.

ive looked back at the thread now and i cant see where im 'arguing' with Naas? Has the thread been edited maybe?

Quite simple really. You used his perfectly good response as a reason not to support his shop, citing "sarcasm" and then further using it as an example as to why you will continue to support international online stores

Quite simple really. You used his perfectly good response as a reason not to support his shop, citing "sarcasm" and then further using it as an example as to why you will continue to support international online stores

like i said after his reply, it came across as sarcastic, 'but thats just me' meaning thats how i (me, and only me) took it. maybe he didnt mean to be and thats fine. i read it one way... just like you read this thread and decided i was arguing with him when i clearly wasnt.

as for using his reply as an excuse to support international online stores... really? thats what you take from it? nowhere do i say that... come on youre just being silly now. i wonder if youve actually read the thread or if youre just trying to wind me up, i dont get wound up by the way.

im putting this to bed now... i always have bought from SA stores but if a deal comes up overseas that is clearly a good deal, ill take it thnx.

There is a 10% customs fee (don't confuse with import duties) and then 14% VAT. Therefore take advertised price x 1.1 x 1.4 + other like shipping and sometimes even an admin fee.

Actually that formula woud equal x10% x40%

like i said after his reply, it came across as sarcastic, 'but thats just me' meaning thats how i (me, and only me) took it. maybe he didnt mean to be and thats fine. i read it one way... just like you read this thread and decided i was arguing with him when i clearly wasnt.

as for using his reply as an excuse to support international online stores... really? thats what you take from it? nowhere do i say that... come on youre just being silly now. i wonder if youve actually read the thread or if youre just trying to wind me up, i dont get wound up by the way.

im putting this to bed now... i always have bought from SA stores but if a deal comes up overseas that is clearly a good deal, ill take it thnx.

Okay. But you were still wrong.

CRC: R 1,593 per side plus shipping at R 100 and VAT = R 3,792.04 before clearance costs of approx 200.

Evo: R 3,250 per SET.

do you still say you gave the right price, and compared like for like?