what would be the greatest invention for keeping roadies safe?

Seepglad

mmm, sadly, they had no time to act

I meant with your new device... Hopefully it will give people in that kind of situation a chance to react and get out of it.

Edited by hellocolour

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Website calling for interested parties now live at: www.backtracker.io

"We believe that every cyclist has the right to a better ride."

Backtracker is a radar-powered device that simply and smartly helps to take care of your cycling safety. It tracks the difference between potentially threatening rear-approaching vehicles and regular traffic, leaving you to get on with what you're here for - the ride.

We'd love to keep you in the loop with how far we are from putting Backtracker up for pre-order. From sneak peeks to final tweaks, let's kick the conversation into gear.

Edited by latrinus emmer

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

iKubu says they'd like to see some Hubbers in Technopark next week, to try Backtracker.

I would like to help with that - being in Stellenbosch myself.

Where / how / etc do I get in contact with the BackTracker folks - at their offices in Technopark?

I'm going with a special kind of traffic cop that actually maintains law and order on the roads.

It may have to be imported though.

Nice idea.

If you carried a device which activated the speakers in a following car kinda like when you get cel interference - or some other sort of warning. So this annoying sound gets louder and more frequent and higher pitched as proximity decreases and or direction is deemed to be too close to a collision. In other words, if a driver decreases speed and changes course slightly to maintain a 1.5m berth when coming up behind a cyclist, they won't get an annoying noise.

A pity I missed the iKubu / Backtracker event - then again, I actually got the email this morning (24 June) informing me of the event on 24 June at 18:00. That was a bit too short notice for my taste. But a buddy of mine went to have a look at the gizmo.

From discussions with him, it sounds like a very very interesting gadget but expensive! Then again, one's life is worth the expensive gadget. I would love to see more features build into it, such as a GPS tracker, allowing my loved one to check from her location (or via phone) where I am (either down and out with accident, or still driving around, or with bike stolen).

Almost like iPhone's "Find my iPhone" (to track and find bike), as well as Endomondo or Strava GPS feature (tracking route, candence, speed, climbing, etc) combined ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

A pity I missed the iKubu / Backtracker event - then again, I actually got the email this morning (24 June) informing me of the event on 24 June at 18:00. That was a bit too short notice for my taste. But a buddy of mine went to have a look at the gizmo.

Hello Hoender, please see our new invite in thread here:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/141169-introducing-backtracker/ - please come visit.