TriNoob Running

DeCleated

Says Mr Argon

What can I say, moment of madness, desperation or keeping my options open?

I might still put that forward facing Thompson seat post on my Roubaix and steal the zipps from the Argon....only problem is argon is 11 spd and Roubaix 10 spd.

I wish someone (big name bike manufacturers) made regular round tubed (small dia) triathlon geometry carbon bikes, think how lightweight they would be...power to weight ratio.... I'm not convinced of the aero tubing benefits in real life situations (side winds etc....)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say, moment of madness, desperation or keeping my options open?

I might still put that forward facing Thompson seat post on my Roubaix and steal the zipps from the Argon....only problem is argon is 11 spd and Roubaix 10 spd.

I wish someone (big name bike manufacturers) made regular round tubed (small dia) triathlon geometry carbon bikes, think how lightweight they would be...power to weight ratio.... I'm not convinced of the aero tubing benefits in real life situations (side winds etc....)

But the marketing hype for our aero bikes cant be bollocks can it? I mean sometimes there are graphs and pictures of yaw angles and stuff

But the marketing hype for our aero bikes cant be bollocks can it? I mean sometimes there are graphs and pictures of yaw angles and stuff

I hope its not all bollocks....

"I don't agree that you can not be a coach over the internet"

+1

My coach hasn't seen me train apart from an early pool session. I just keep him updated about my input and results. I also ask plenty of questions over email or whatsapp. I would prefer to have some 1 on 1 sessions but it is already a bit pricey for a personalised training program and I'm very satisfied with my improvement.

Guest Kalahari ou

N noob kan try maar hy gaan nie ver kom nie!!!

Out of interest we have athletes based in USA and Europe in some cases they travel here once or twice a year where we do a lot of technical analysis and technical work they then go home and the programme is developed around their goals and what strengths and weaknesses we identified and prioritized to work on. Regular check up via video download also helps keep things on track. Is it ideal? no, but I don't agree that you can not be a coach over the internet.

I do agree that Cut and Paste programmes and mass squad training not coaching.

Had a look at your website. You are clearly so much more than what I have seen offered elsewhere. I will be sending you a PM in the near future.

Had a look at your website. You are clearly so much more than what I have seen offered elsewhere. I will be sending you a PM in the near future.

Very kind Sir.

Feel free to give us a call happy to chat and always keen to share ideas

"I don't agree that you can not be a coach over the internet"

+1

My coach hasn't seen me train apart from an early pool session. I just keep him updated about my input and results. I also ask plenty of questions over email or whatsapp. I would prefer to have some 1 on 1 sessions but it is already a bit pricey for a personalised training program and I'm very satisfied with my improvement.

Its all about what you want to get out, I have no doubt that the most important function a coach performs is to provide the impetus for you to do the work, and following a program and giving feedback to a coach is the best way to keep motivated. This will probably take you to 70%of your potential. To get up to 90% you need personal attention, stroke correction, running analysis, bike technique etc... squad training will take you to 100%