Sram XO crank creek

Sidmouth

Chukky, Im not laughing, thinking about it you could have hit the nail in the head.

the cleats got wet today, and then the noise stopped, maybe!!

I'm having the exact same problem, bike shop keeps sayings its the bb but to no prevail. Grego, when you refer to suspension bearings, i'm assuming this is only for dual sus bikes?

yip...dual susp...was driving me nuts!

Chukky, Im not laughing, thinking about it you could have hit the nail in the head.

Spray the underside of the shoe with silicon spray over the contact patches as a test when it is squeaking - 1 shoe at a time - you get small spray tins, so you can put them in a pocket when riding.

Edit - spelling

Edited by V12man

Take a spin round the parking lot in your takkies and see... if it is this, try rubbing a candle on your cleats.

"My bike has a squeak" is one of the worst things a mechanic can hear. Thanks Chukky, that's one more for the checklist.

Edited by droo

This Message is in honour of The one and only SIR Chukky.

The damn cleat was loose, that's it, a cleat f$%# The amount of time I have spent stripping the crank and BB, pedal services, OMG.

It is funny, loose cleats, Thank you

This Message is in honour of The one and only SIR Chukky.

The damn cleat was loose, that's it, a cleat f$%# The amount of time I have spent stripping the crank and BB, pedal services, OMG.

It is funny, loose cleats, Thank you

No prob :thumbup:

Ive had squeaks in 3 places:

Saddle

Pedals

Seat post clamp

If its not there its probably the crank bolts

If its not crank bolts its suspension linkages

If its none of those, you need surgery... its probably your hip :ph34r:

The poor mechanic that has a client coming in for a creek problem, where do you start

A few usual suspects - seatpost, seat rails, bar/stem, stem/steerer, BB, crank, suspension pivots, pedals, headset, skewers (oiled and tight), cable ferrules where they insert into frame stops, shifters and RD, and grips if they're lock-on. You're checking for correct torque and clean mating surfaces with either grease, anti-seize or assembly paste depending on what it is. And check tightening torques of all bolts.

Failing that, full blown strip to frame and rebuild from the ground up. But the checklist usually sorts it out.

The first words I heard from a client after typing my previous post were, "Help, my bike's squeaking." In his case, suspension pivots and a loose headset were to blame.

Edited by droo