[Event] Mabalingwe LionMan

WesselvdWalt

first race for the year so I am doing the 40 braking the virgin of my new MomsenSL929 XX1 - eeeessh cant wait - almost feels like the day before I went fishing with my oupa when I was a kid , but x 10

Edited by Heel Drop

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres been many places that we wanted to go this year but due to the different property groups on Mabalingwe it's been limiting us in what we really wanted. Routes should be finalised this week.

Theres been many places that we wanted to go this year but due to the different property groups on Mabalingwe it's been limiting us in what we really wanted. Routes should be finalised this week.

Have you had time to gather any info regarding the routes?

So how does the LionMan this year compare to this year's MTN nationals route at van Gaalens in terms of technical difficulty, hills, beer stops etc ?

So how does the LionMan this year compare to this year's MTN nationals route at van Gaalens in terms of technical difficulty, hills, beer stops etc ?

Depends on the route, but expect sand, rocky hills, rutted routes, technical ascents and descents, although the Satellite descent at VG is one of the trickiest I have experienced.

Water stops normally have a friendly local flavour, and well stocked. The one of the far side had boere musik and boerie rolls dished out by well fed locals. Ja, en praat die taal of hou jou bek.

Edited by kosmonooit

The guys are going out there this week to put the finishing touches on.

As it currently stands:

Marathon - 71km - 1209m Ascent

Half - 40km - 426m Ascent

20km - 21km - 245m Ascent

10km - 9km - 47m Ascent

Looking forward to doing this event for first time... once mates confirm we'll be in for marathon :-)

When and where is number pickup?

It is usually at Mabalingwe the Friday evening before, and the morning of the race.