[Event] Mabalingwe LionMan

WesselvdWalt

Ok don't mind me. I assume http://www.advendurance.com/other/lionman is the correct website which shows:

Saturday 19 Jul - 08:00 Start Marathon 70km Batch "A" + 5min intervals Saturday 19 Jul - 08:50 Start Half Marathon 40km Batch "A" + 5min intervals Saturday 19 Jul - 09:30 Start 20km Fun Race Batch "A" +5min intervals Saturday 19 Jul - 10:10 10km Fun Ride All

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good day Guys

I have a paid entry for LionMan, but unfortunately cannot go any more. If anyone is interested in taking over the entry please let me know.

My email address: alvin.kriel@lonza.com

Hi Everyone

I cannot ride this weekend due to an injury so I also have an extra Lionman entry for this weekend if anyone is interested?

Looking forward to this one.

70km for me, but not racing, rather enjoying the reserve at a LSD pace.

Does anyone know where the start of the race is? Does it start from the Caravan park? Does one enter from the R516 side into the Mabaligwe resort? Wessel, profiles or at least water point (kms)?

Edited by ACM

WesselvdWaltJun 26 2014 06:02Returned today from Mabalingwe, and I'm happy to say that the event will see PLENTY new single track and purpose built MTB routes fro 2014! This race has really matured over the years, into what mountain bikers really want and enjoy!Expect routes available early next week!???????????? !!!!!!!!!!!

Was a very enjoyable ride although a but dehydrated at the end.

Sand, rocks and thorns! And only fell once. Flat road coming back, but against the wind made it hard.

How did everybody else go?

Enjoyed this one! Will be back next year. The sand made it interesting! The big climb was a good test of fitness, skills en strenght. Rest of the route was okish. Waterpoints was good. Managed a 4:18 from C batch.

Lekker ride as usual, Lionman never disappoints.

Interesting to note how few cars there were this year, the airstrip is usually loaded. shows you what 1 year break can do to a good event.

I thought the caravan park start/finish wasa good idea, nice to have shade to sit under and enjoy your beer / ice-cream.

First marathon completed (done 4 half marathons before) lots of sand.

almost got run over by a herd of waterbuck, was quite dramatic. The full marathon is definitely good value for money. Getting taken up to play a bit in the hills makes it a much better mtb experience. And the views!!!

Looking forward to next years Lionman, and not getting 2 punctures again. Together with the 5 punctures I had at Rooiberg, it seems like Bela Bela is my bogey this year.

Excellent.

Just sorry about the profile but further a good experience, Two big rocky climbs and one great decent. The single road at the end was excelent. Will be back next year. My first marathon, no falls, no brake downs, under 5 hours,nice weather, lot of sand, no mud or waterholes,

• Total Ascent 810 m
  • Total Descent 814 m
  • Distance 74 km

Excellent.

Just sorry about the profile but further a good experience, Two big rocky climbs and one great decent. The single road at the end was excelent. Will be back next year. My first marathon, no falls, no brake downs, under 5 hours,nice weather, lot of sand, no mud or waterholes,

• Total Ascent 810 m
  • Total Descent 814 m
  • Distance 74 km

Nice going!

Interesting about your ascent. My Strava corrected elevation from my Garmin 500 was 982m from 1,062m before correction.

Had some fun out there. Realised that I will die a roadie! Those rocky decents are not my thing.

Did a 3:08 if I remember correctly with the garmin coming in at 1057m elevation gain.

Will most definately be back next year.

Had some fun out there. Realised that I will die a roadie! Those rocky decents are not my thing.

Did a 3:08 if I remember correctly with the garmin coming in at 1057m elevation gain.

Will most definately be back next year.

Nice spider! And podium too!