Half IM Cape Town

Garfield2010

You get a bottle of Red or White for the Slanghoek race ....

I got a bottle of red after the Epic as well...maar dit het soos slangpis gesmaak

You get a bottle of Red or White for the Slanghoek race ....

He said a good bottle, that Slanghoek stuff was pretty horrid

There is something in the pipeline, its a 12month pipeline.... CAPE ULTRA & JOBURG ULTRA

Watch this space......

As for the wine, of course!!

:clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

He said a good bottle, that Slanghoek stuff was pretty horrid

touche

I got a question.

Whats wrong with an event like Jailbreak.?

Or does it have to be an "Ironman".?

Jailbreak has close enough to Ironman distances.

And they dont charge an arm and a leg.

Edited by bclark

There is something in the pipeline, its a 12month pipeline.... CAPE ULTRA & JOBURG ULTRA

Watch this space......

Now we are talking!!!!

I got a question.

Nothing wrong with the distances, rather the geography.

I got a question.

Jailbreak is an excellent event ... but more like an Olympic distance race not an Ultra. There is a big difference

Watch this space......

And the Free State Ultra? For once in my lifetime I would like home ground advantage! DaveM wont be able to cycle on these slick fast roads. He can only find rhythm on gravel sinkplaat roads with 15% gradients.

And the Free State Ultra? For once in my lifetime I would like home ground advantage! DaveM wont be able to cycle on these slick fast roads. He can only find rhythm on gravel sinkplaat roads with 15% gradients.

You cant host an event on the N1 .... :ph34r:

Agreed, I don't like the idea of swimming False Bay, because you will get eaten by Jonny and die.
east london is way more sharky than false bay, just don't sell as many papers. don't freak out all those who have already entered, it's still more dangerous to drive to the beach than swim at it.

Obviously gordon's bay is another option, been used before for IM and many sprint races. Methinks the ITU event might just open city minds to the opportunity, seeing more and more events across many sports within the city these days.

Here is an interesting article I came across.

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2014/06/features/think-outside-m-dot_100088

I enjoyed the comment of:

Yes, Ironman has Kona, and therefore the upper hand. There is no denying the mystique of the Big Island. Top age groupers will do whatever it takes to chase a slot; back-of-the-packers who will never reach the start line still dream of what it would be like to run down Ali’i Drive. Kona attracts the best athletes, which attracts media, which attracts sponsors … or some version of that circle… and history keeps repeating itself.

Plus, unlike “marathon,” the generic term for 26.2 miles, Ironman is the default name for 140.6 miles and a proprietary title for branded races. It’s definitely clunky to try and tell your friends, “I’m doing the Great Floridian…it’s an ‘iron-distance’ race…you know, 140.6 miles…like an Ironman but not an Ironman…” And a lot of people place a hefty significance on both bragging rights and hearing their name called by Mike Reilly.

• 2 years later...